• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hahahahaha I can't believe that rule has come up again
I don't get why they haven't fixed it.

Running from an overthrow when it deflects off the body/bat is frowned upon in cricket all over the world.

Just don't award the batting team any runs when it happens.

Happened in the T20 series v Afghanistan last week.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Lol they change the rule about the caught behind / stumping appeals and the free review.... and then Embarassmus gives England a free one when umpire reviewing an obivous catch.

Spark

Global Moderator
I don't get why they haven't fixed it.

Running from an overthrow when it deflects off the body/bat is frowned upon in cricket all over the world.

Just don't award the batting team any runs when it happens.

Happened in the T20 series v Afghanistan last week.
Nah that's not what happened here. It was specifically that, like in the 2019 WC final, the batsmen hadn't crossed when the throw was released. This time the umpires correctly didn't award that particular run hence it was only 5 not 6, unlike Kumar Dharmasena who sort of just went lol I guess they crossed and awarded an extra run.