• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Sunil1z

International Regular
Consistency being the working context over a five-Test series in India. 246, 253, 319, 353...well, at least it's an upward trend due to crest in Dharamshala. They should've looked at the template the last time they won in India (slightly more batting-friendly pitches but really the current ones haven't been all bad either). Mammoth totals to brush off the inevitable lower-order rearguard is the way to go in India. Maybe the next iteration of Bazball will be a little more dynamic in appraising conditions and game situations.
Not possible to post mammoth total against current Indian bowling attack in IND .

Xix2565

International Regular
Who would you have picked? Dawson and Jacks weren’t available from my understanding.
Yeah those were my picks, but I understand why they weren't in the mix. IMO they should've tried harder to get them to buy in and come. I don't think the batting would be weakened as much as some feel, but who knows.

Xix2565

International Regular
They should've looked at the template the last time they won in India (slightly more batting-friendly pitches but really the current ones haven't been all bad either). Mammoth totals to brush off the inevitable lower-order rearguard is the way to go in India.
I mean last time they has Washington in his 2nd Test and Nadeem subbing in on a roady first few days to cash in on.

R!TTER

State Regular
The template is what's it's always been - score loads of runs in the first innings & hope India collapse in their first, this is how Oz won in 2004 & Eng in 2012 although they did win batting second in Mumbai on a tacky pitch. I'll add this caveat that there was no DRS so things have changed massively from thereon, those teams would find it that much harder to win here on back of this major change! It's also true that because of DRS a lot of games are ending quickly but so many are exceedingly close than they would've been otherwise, like Headingley 2019 or even the last test at Ranchi.

Socerer 01

International Captain
interesting to note less than half a run average difference between Foakes and Bairstow, just a mention not fuel for the debate on that area. Maybe useful for a #8 but not really enough by either in spite of many drooling over the odd Foakes effort with bat - Stokes not many runs better
so Foakes averages marginally higher than Bairstow despite keeping for long gruelling hours, soaking up more balls to the tune of nearly double of what Bairstow did which included being involved with one of England’s best partnerships of the series and still gets marked down??? such a **** take

JavaHurricane

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Some bad news on the weather front. The GFS and the ECMWF models indicate that Day 1 is going to be a washout. Forecast is much better for Days 2-4 at least.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Some bad news on the weather front. The GFS and the ECMWF models indicate that Day 1 is going to be a washout. Forecast is much better for Days 2-4 at least.
Don't understand how the met office is forecasting such a difference in temperature still to others.

I always thought they were as accurate as it gets for weather but I have no idea now.

As as they predict it, heaven help the players fielding in 7 degrees and less

Dharamsala - BBC Weather
Dharmsala, Himachal Pradesh, India Weather Forecast | AccuWeather
10-day weather forecast for Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh - The Weather Channel | weather.com
Weather Dharamshala. 14 day Forecast - yourweather.co.uk | Meteored

Chin Music

State Regular
Don't understand how the met office is forecasting such a difference in temperature still to others.

I always thought they were as accurate as it gets for weather but I have no idea now.

As as they predict it, heaven help the players fielding in 7 degrees and less

Dharamsala - BBC Weather
Dharmsala, Himachal Pradesh, India Weather Forecast | AccuWeather
10-day weather forecast for Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh - The Weather Channel | weather.com
Weather Dharamshala. 14 day Forecast - yourweather.co.uk | Meteored
Why schedule a test for a part of the country where weather is likely to be an issue, especially that time of the year? It seems as though weather will be rather comparable with that you might get in England in five weeks time for the County Championship start.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Why schedule a test for a part of the country where weather is likely to be an issue, especially that time of the year? It seems as though weather will be rather comparable with that you might get in England in five weeks time for the County Championship start.
Its usually not so bad at this time of the year... Climate change, I guess. :(

Molehill

International Captain
It suggests not great for the first couple of days but more average as the game goes on. Let's hope it is a bit better.
The Beeb now has the odd sleet shower on Day 1, but sunny thereafter (peaking at 8c!!). Seriously, WTF??? 4 seamers and hand warmers for the slips.....this surely plays to England's strengths. Guess we'll see....

mackembhoy

International Debutant
The Beeb now has the odd sleet shower on Day 1, but sunny thereafter (peaking at 8c!!). Seriously, WTF??? 4 seamers and hand warmers for the slips.....this surely plays to England's strengths. Guess we'll see....
See my above post. Met wildly different to other sources.

We've got the weather ranging from 17 to -5 on Thursday :laugh:

Molehill

International Captain
See my above post. Met wildly different to other sources.

We've got the weather ranging from 17 to -5 on Thursday :laugh:
Yep, and I've just seen an Instagram post of Jimmy in his swimmers having a dunk in a sunny mountain lake. Water was clearly cold, but looked nice out.

**** knows....