• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Molehill

International Captain
I know it goes against the philosophy of Bazball, but England really just need to bat some time here. A sensible Root innings would be perfect. Make India bat on Day 4 when it's likely to offer loads more.

Nas207

School Boy/Girl Captain
Literally more than half the overs have been bowled by pacers you absolute dunderhead.
You can get angry but the obvious way India was taking time out of the game when england were on top is undeniable. I notice you brushed off the running on the wicket also

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know it goes against the philosophy of Bazball, but England really just need to bat some time here. A sensible Root innings would be perfect. Make India bat on Day 4 when it's likely to offer loads more.
Yep this pitch is going to break up soon and it'll make that third innings really tricky.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I was thinking of that match too, although I couldn't have told you that England made exactly the first innings score as India here. I think we need to bat for the whole of Day 3, as I wouldn't want to be chasing many on Day 5.
If we bat two sessions tomorrow we would probably have a decent lead.

Molehill

International Captain
I was thinking of that match too, although I couldn't have told you that England made exactly the first innings score as India here. I think we need to bat for the whole of Day 3, as I wouldn't want to be chasing many on Day 5.
Yeah, didn't know that till I looked it up. I was there on Day 2 when Crawley made it look easy. Then Jayasuriya made it look significantly easier still.

Think we're in agreement on the Day 3 strategy, and it should involve Root playing a normal innings....

OverratedSanity

I'm getting similar vibes to this Test- hope it plays out the same.

One team scores 445 with 2 centurions, then a left handed opener smashes it around and they get a lead of 150.

This is a horrific England side though, the attempt to hang on in the 3rd innings was horrendous.

Damn there's a Crawley involved too. Spooky

Howe_zat

Audio File
If we can keep the 3rd wicket intact for the bulk of the first session then I'd expect a big lead this time tomorrow

Big if ofc
Yeah a hundred from Root tomorrow could be series defining. Long way to go but still, big opportunity.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
If we bat two sessions tomorrow we would probably have a decent lead.
Yeah maybe, thinking about it. I was assuming a more traditional scoring rate, I suppose.

But 60 overs at 5 an over puts us only 60 ahead. Perhaps if they manage that for the first session and a half and then go ballistic. And it depends what we mean by a decent lead. Being greedy, I'd want at least 100, preferably 150.

OverratedSanity

Forget a lead, England even getting to 450 would put India in a really tricky spot imo, and that seems odds on from here. Going to need bumrah and Ashwin to deliver early tomorrow.

Nas207

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeah maybe, thinking about it. I was assuming a more traditional scoring rate, I suppose.

But 60 overs at 5 an over puts us only 60 ahead. Perhaps if they manage that for the first session and a half and then go ballistic. And it depends what we mean by a decent lead. Being greedy, I'd want at least 100, preferably 150.
England arent even half way to India's total. The pattern of this series is that England look great for 20 overs then rapidly implode to reverse and Ashwin. I would give you even money on us reaching parity.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
England arent even half way to India's total. The pattern of this series is that England look great for 20 overs then rapidly implode to reverse and Ashwin. I would give you even money on us reaching parity.
There is indeed a very long way to go at this stage.

King Kane

International Debutant
I had India in front after scoring 445 but that innings from Duckett has swung it England's way, it could swing back India's way tomorrow though.

It's been that sort of series with momentum swings from one day or one session to the next, it's shaping up as a great series and is great to watch.

Molehill

International Captain
Bumrah hasn't looked quite right though here, struggling with cramp it seems. Tomorrow is the day for scoring runs, we will need a lead as it's only going to get harder.

The longer we bat the better....