• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Spark

Global Moderator
And how our heads drop at the first sign of attack. This happened in that 5th test we played a year later too. And in RSA so it has now basically happened under 4 different captains across home and away.

Burgey used the word "privileged" probably based on how he himself lives his life, but I think it is true to an extent that a lot of these Indian players dont end up in the toil of domestic cricket after they have made it to the Indian team. Its an underrated aspect, but esp. at home, these guys have no idea what it is to fight hard and bowl tight when the batting is on top, coz it happens so very infrequently. When batsmen attack, they think they are gonna get out by themselves but as batsmen get themselves in and set, they are already on 40 off 50 or whatever and are now used to the pace, bounce and spin on the wicket. They are just comfortable and these guys have no idea what to do next. Bowling dry has just gone out of the window for this Indian bowling line up since Virat quit the captaincy. Not they were great at it before but I feel the previous management, almost to a fault, wanted to cut down opponents' free scoring first before trying to go for wickets with all sorts of variations.
Yeah I think there's a lot to it tbh. See also the shocked and stunned way they seemed to react to being put under serious pressure for almost the first time in the tournament in the WC final.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Siraj isn't paid for his brains

Neither is Ashwin anymore apparently. How embarrassing.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
I know Mark Wood is trying his best , but it's just not good enough..You haven't taken a single wicket in the match , got a chance to bowl at 10 & 11 not a single yorker ..Really frustrating

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Wowza, what a day for Test cricket.

I'd lock the changing room door on Siraj and make him walk back. FMD what a poo shot

cnerd123

likes this
****ing clowns. Hope this is the kick up the ass that this team needs. Batters need better output and the bowling unit needs better plans.

What to say about Bazball tho. ****ing incredible.