• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

Stapel

International Regular
It's obviously true to a degree though, even if only a very limited degree.

Watching Chris Martin and Brian Lara play T20 cricket would make it clear to any genuine cricket fan that Martin would be the better Test bowler of the two while Lara would be the better Test batsman.

I realise this may seem like a ridiculouslu semantic point, but I think it's worth making because it's a principle you can extrapolate from. It means we're just drawing a line somewhere rather than saying there is absolutely no correlation at all.

You can largely get a sense of the raw skills of players, but not quite how they'd apply or execute them.
Ah! Thanks for strengthening my point, using far better words than I could have!

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just watching the highlights, some of the fielding this game has been shocking. The keeper dropping those catches of Stokes was bad, his footwork was nonexistent.

No........couldn't disagree with this more.

What can you tell about a test batsmen's technique, when they are playing switch hit's, slog sweeps and scoops every shot?? Similarly how can you tell how a bowler will fair in red ball when they are forced to bowl wide yorkers and change their pace every delivery?
He's not saying that it's the definitive way of judging, but you can certainly judge factors like rhythm and form to an extent. But yeah you shouldn't be selecting players entirely on T20 form. That would be stupid af.

Trump got elected. Don't ever say "no way" again.
Just wait until Kanye 2020

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
I think England were fine batting on as they did. The longer England bat in the first 1/3 of the game, and India have to bat in the last 2/3 game the better. Your getting overs in the fast bowlers legs at the start of a 5 test series. Your wearing the wicket further and bring the wicket closer to disintegrating. It was boring watching but it would have been mentally and physically tough for the Indians in the field.

Daemon

India didn't use any of their reviews because the bowlers don't have ego problems.

Watch the batsmen use them up ASAP.

Stapel

International Regular
For some reason, I like Nasser explaining England need to bowl a 4th stump line, using over a 1000 words.

hazsa19

International Regular
I've been quick to criticise this England batting lately, but credit to them for that effort. Could be huge in the context of this series.

hazsa19

International Regular
Does Stokes take the new ball for Durham? If he can swing the old one you'd think he'd swing the new one

Daemon

I like Gambhir's new stance. More players who have problems with playing around their pads should adopt it. Helps you play straight down the ground much easier.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I like Gambhir's new stance. More players who have problems with playing around their pads should adopt it. Helps you play straight down the ground much easier.
He's more patrician than I thought committing to bat-down