• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, no ****,of course Rahane doesn't get dropped.

I was asking what composition they'll go for assuming everyone is fit. Something like :

Vijay
Rahul
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Nair
Ashwin
Saha/Parthiv
Jadeja
Ishant/Bhuvi/Yadav
Shami
Thought something like that, but no need to bracket those 3 at 10 is there? Bhuvi has a nose in front doesn't he?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
That entire batting innings and this series have been about healing so many bad memories. More dropped Gooch and the **** got 333. Now Cook has dropped Nair and he has made 303. This series feels a proper return to the 2011 embarassment as well. At least in 2014 we were competitive for 2.5 tests instead of 0.25 of a test.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
I guess as it stands the overseas best XI should be:

Rahul, Vijay, Pujara, Kohli, Rahane and Karun

Parthiv/Saha

Ashwin, Ishant, Umesh, Shami

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
The cricinfo match page keeps playing the same video twice with a small time delay and it's bad.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Thought something like that, but no need to bracket those 3 at 10 is there? Bhuvi has a nose in front doesn't he?
Ishant's been genuinely good for a while now tbh. I'd pick Bhuvi personally, but ishant isn't a bad choice.

Overseas, our pace attack should be Shami, Ishant, Bhuvi. Plus Ashwin as the spinner and either Jadeja or Hardik Pandya whom kohli seems very big on.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I'm beginning to think this England team peaked in South Africa and then the arsehole fell out. Yes, India were probably always going to beat England but it is the sheer gulf in class that is surprising. England have won, four/five tosses, and the wickets are hardly rank turners!! Even the Indian seamers (Yadev etc) have been much better than the English seamers and that is supposed to be our forte!! Rashid and Moen Ali are shockingly bad, and even Root - well, it is now frankly comical placing him in the same class as Kohli and Smith (that is how we are having to reassess England, from this tour).

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
On the other hand, I think India should be bold, and actually drop Murali Vijay, let Parthiv Patel open and accomodate Karun and Rahane for the Aussie series.

Patel's domestic stats are same as Vijay's and actually has scored more runs and tons than the latter. Plus he scores at a higher rate than Vijay.

OverratedSanity

On the other hand, I think India should be bold, and actually drop Murali Vijay, let Parthiv Patel open and accomodate Karun and Rahane for the Aussie series.

Patel's domestic stats are same as Vijay's and actually has scored more runs and tons than the latter. Plus he scores at a higher rate than Vijay.
No

vcs

Parthiv's keeping has not been convincing enough to warrant that.

Saying that, Saha was also average in the first 2 games keeping-wise, and terrible with the bat. So I dunno. It would make a mouth-watering lineup though.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Told ya

Anyway, forget about being the worst ever test 300 maker - that's a lock

I seriously doubt that Karun makes a 100 outside India

Last edited:

vcs

Imagine the selection headaches when Mishra takes a 6-fer bowling us to a win tomorrow. :laugh: