• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Another gift.

THis is the biggest surrender since the fall of Singapore to the Japanese.
:laugh:

I like you. Always good to spot a kindred spirit.

Actually the last two were my fault. Bairstow & Stokes were going nicely until my first visit to the bathroom today, and then i come back from my 2nd such trip to hear that Buttler has gone.
Possibly more information that you needed, but one should be able to share these things among friends.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:laugh:

I like you. Always good to spot a kindred spirit.

Actually the last two were my fault. Bairstow & Stokes were going nicely until my first visit to the bathroom today, and then i come back from my 2nd such trip to hear that Buttler has gone.
Possibly more information that you needed, but one should be able to share these things among friends.
thanks - I won't blame myself for Buttler now, though nipping out because we'd run out of milk could and should have been done during the tea interval

Dan_M_Bali

U19 Debutant
Root trying too hard to be dominant, and too many "not quite" batsmen in the side.
Just don't seem to have the patience, tenacity or testicular fortitude to play proper cricket at the moment.

I don't know if this team is going through Test match cricket overkill?

Is the mental toughness of touring India playing a v. good Indian team?

Is it the god awful Indian music and the lack of high quality Indian food that you find in the UK.

Is it ODI and 20/20 cricket influence?

Is it Trump?

Whatever it is we are playing clown shoes cricket and it's like pulling teeth to watch.

Blocky

Banned
Just don't seem to have the patience, tenacity or testicular fortitude to play proper cricket at the moment.

I don't know if this team is going through Test match cricket overkill?

Is the mental toughness of touring India playing a v. good Indian team?

Is it the god awful Indian music and the lack of high quality Indian food that you find in the UK.

Is it ODI and 20/20 cricket influence?

Is it Trump?

Whatever it is we are playing clown shoes cricket and it's like pulling teeth to watch.
I seriously think it's the fascination with the all rounder, you've got Stokes, Woakes, Moeen and Rashid in this side, and you've played two keeper batsmen here.

In the case of Root, it's strange because he's finding weird ways to get himself out, but I think he's honestly attempting to set England up and realises you don't do that unless you're scoring at 3s or better in India.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Graeme Swann, Jonothan Trott, Saeed Ajmal

- players to have had an entire test career since Parthiv Patel last played a test match. Parthiv is 32

Blocky

Banned
Also 3 players that the cricketing world doesn't miss.
This is such a brainless post.

Graeme Swann, probably the best spinner post Murali/Warne and was able to take wickets in all conditions, not just the trash that gets served up in sub continent.
Jonathan Trott, up there was one of the best #3s of the modern era when he was on song, and part of the reason England were so highly competitive because you could bank on him finding runs in the series
Saeed Ajmal, an inventor and innovator who brought excitement back to spin and was a T20 juggernaut who converted it to test cricket, a world #1 several times over.

But sure, no one misses them.

Shri

Mr. Glass
This is such a brainless post.

Graeme Swann, probably the best spinner post Murali/Warne and was able to take wickets in all conditions, not just the trash that gets served up in sub continent.
Jonathan Trott, up there was one of the best #3s of the modern era when he was on song, and part of the reason England were so highly competitive because you could bank on him finding runs in the series
Saeed Ajmal, an inventor and innovator who brought excitement back to spin and was a T20 juggernaut who converted it to test cricket, a world #1 several times over.

But sure, no one misses them.