• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:laugh: Ashwin's having a horrible record with the DRS so far. That's 5-6 times he's help make the wrong call now?

Stapel

International Regular
DRS dead now for bcci I reckon.
Possibly it will turn things faster to the idea that you won't lose the review on umpire' call. I've always felt that was too harsh. Though the fact that Beefy agrees with me, is probably a sign I talk nonsense, I gues this is the exception on the rule.

morgieb

I don't get why umpires call exists for impact. Surely whether it hit in line or not is a known event like where it pitched?

This also means no DRS for future India series too. Dire.

OverratedSanity

Hope England think about how they're destroying cricket one perfect forward defence at a time and reconsider their tactics tomorrow.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Damn that's a horrible way to get out for Bolton boy there. Sad.

Fantastic effort. Massive props. WAG.

Blocky

Banned
I don't get why umpires call exists for impact. Surely whether it hit in line or not is a known event like where it pitched?

It exists due to extensive testing, there is a statistical margin of error that means a good/reasonable portion of those projected to be clipping the stumps, aren't actually going on to hit. It was something small, like two in ten that would miss the stumps when DRS had a marginal "umpires call" that forced them to go that way.

Daemon

Yeah. Is the margin for error the same in the rules for impact as it is for hitting the stumps? If it is then that really doesn't make sense.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Shouldn't lose reviews for umpire's call. Impact umpire's call? How the **** can that be umpire's call?