• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2018

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Amla would seem like the best option, if it is not him I think it will be Dawson. Did it reasonably well in the past but it was a good few years ago and he bowls a lot more now so it is far from ideal.

JRC67

U19 12th Man
Amla would seem like the best option, if it is not him I think it will be Dawson. Did it reasonably well in the past but it was a good few years ago and he bowls a lot more now so it is far from ideal.
Opening does suit Dawson's batting style more than batting down the order. Davis at Lancs has shown that if a player really wants to open it doesn't have to affect your role when you are in the field. If it is something he wants To do it could be a good move for him.

Felt a bit sorry for him last season as he took wickets at a range of venues and I felt he was probably the best performing English spinner overall. The fact he can bat seemed to be used to denigrate how well he did perform with the ball in the media a little. He's also one of the better fielders on the county circuit.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Harry Brook getting off to a good start with a 150 in Yorkshire notts warmup game in SA. Looking forward to seeing what he can put together this season. Definite England potential in time.

North v South games start in few days. Had a rather large number of pullouts through injury, england duties and overseas t20s but lots of young hopefully future england players.

https://www.kiaoval.com/main-news/pope-commended-in-nsw-parliament/ Ollie Pope got a mention in the NSW parliament for his excellent work at his grade club in Aus this winter. He's one of the players who has had a late callup to the south v north games.

Lions finally won a game in WI. I know players are playing all round the world but I don't see why they have to pick Jennings (and as captain) for the ODI series. Never going to play for England ODI team. Position is wasted on him.

S.Kennedy

He was never even much of a limited overs player for Durham, Jennings. One of the reasons I liked him actually, a first-class purist.

SeamUp

International Coach
Yorkshire and Notts were in Potch for pre-season.

Middlesex and Sussex are in Cape Town and playing today.

Even in drought it still looks ***y. The Vineyard Oval. Beautiful little ground where my dad played most of his club cricket.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
3 days till the season officially starts with the Essex vs MCC game.

North beat the South 2-1, Joe Clarke scored a ton in the decider.

Lancs CC side should be interesting this year. Obviously missing Anderson (wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play a game this year) and Livingstone to start the year and Buttler will presumably be at IPL. Probably something like this maybe with Onions in there instead of one of Bailey/Mahmood or Parry in there for Parkinson(hope not)- tail a bit long, there is the option of leaving out a bowler for an extra batsman with Jennings apparently looking to bowl more anyway.

Hameed
Davies
Jennings
Croft
Chanderpaul
Vilas
Clark
Mennie
Bailey
Mahmood
Parkinson

Actually Livingstone should be back for the CC start, so he would replace Croft.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
During his master class Dale said he is looking for a county deal to get ready for Sri Lanka.
It had to happen.

I'm looking at the options and Middlesex seems the only real option ? Some nice cricket at Lord's to tune up. What a life.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
middlesex are pretty stacked when it comes to seamers.

murtagh, trj, finn, helm, harris and franklin,

obviously none of the remotely in steyns league but i think they'll be looking for a middle order bat to replace voges rather than another seamer.

Larwood's_boots

U19 Debutant
Anyone have word on how legit the Kohli to Surrey talk is? I'd get a couple of quid on them to win the royal London one day cup if this pans out for sure.

SeamUp

International Coach
middlesex are pretty stacked when it comes to seamers.

murtagh, trj, finn, helm, harris and franklin,

obviously none of the remotely in steyns league but i think they'll be looking for a middle order bat to replace voges rather than another seamer.
What are the chances of TRJ getting his test spot back ?

Maybe theegyptian can help but I am struggling to see what other options there are for him.

S.Kennedy

He'd probably want to play the championship as he would be tuning-up for the Pataudi. I remember Sangakarra joining Durham for two matches ahead of a Eng/Sri (2014) series. Completely mercenary haha. In fairness that is potentially eight full days of cricket, and it worked as Sri Lanka beat England.

_74547164_487314631.jpg

And it could have been so good Sanga!!