• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

turnstyle

First Class Debutant
Reiffel would have played against Tendulkar wouldn't he? Would that be the first time at international level someone umpired a player they had played against?

Maybe in the old days, but can't recall it happening in recent times.
Blocka Wilson and Dharmasena?

EDIT: ****s are too fast. What about one of the Indian umpires from the 90's?

Last edited:

thierry henry

International Coach
So it went to script. I had a cousin who was a very good boxer. My grandfather, who had boxed in the army, went to watch him fight one time, and said he'd have a bet on him.

"Don't do that, Uncle. The other bloke's the hot pot, on the way up".

Bit sad.
My brother was dumb enough to spill $40 on the PPV and reckons the replays showed a beautifully delivered left hand which landed on the button and did the damage. Always hard to know for sure.

ajdude

International Coach
four current umpires who've played against and umpired the same player, ****, forgot about wilson and asoka

also i'm not gonna lie but "when did steve waugh become an umpire" may have crossed my mind

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
not even the first time Reiffel has umpired a player he had played against - Muralitharan

DingDong

State Captain
four current umpires who've played against and umpired the same player, ****, forgot about wilson and asoka

also i'm not gonna lie but "when did steve waugh become an umpire" may have crossed my mind

i mean asoka played with and umpired in a game steve waugh played ajdude

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Dunno why everyone says Rohit is the best young talent to come out of India. Kohli looks comfortably the better batsman when both of them are at the crease.