• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Stayed awake to see India's reply and was really horrified by some of the shots played. Sachin seems to have gone from striking the ball well but getting out to playing like absolute crap. I do not want to see Sachin go out in such sad fashion. Would love a repeat of the last CB series when he fired in the finals after doing almost nothing through the series.

ganeshran

International Debutant
Stayed awake to see India's reply and was really horrified by some of the shots played. Sachin seems to have gone from striking the ball well but getting out to playing like absolute crap. I do not want to see Sachin go out in such sad fashion. Would love a repeat of the last CB series when he fired in the finals after doing almost nothing through the series.
Me too. Would love a repeat of that series and see him hang up his boots on a high. :(

but without Dhoni (and Pappu patel in the lineup), our chances are pretty bleak to say the least. Rohit has gone to Nohit from the windies series, jadeja cant score boundaries, Raina is Raina.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Secretly hoping for this as well, it's quite scary how this series is going in almost the same pattern as the last time (so far anyway).

mono

U19 Debutant
I think indians should seriously look at shewag's future. He may be loosing his eye. if that's the case given his technique, his career maybe over.

Spark

Global Moderator
Wasn't that long ago that he made 219 tbf so he can still see them - hit them. But he's seriously out of nick.

mono

U19 Debutant
Wasn't that long ago that he made 219 tbf so he can still see them - hit them. But he's seriously out of nick.
I maybe very wrong about this, but the same thing happened to jayasooriya. After he hit 38 his form dropped dramatically, he scored centuries here & there but consistency was gone. What's more he struggled against fast bowlers. Jayasooriya was also a lot like shewag in terms of reliance on hand-eye coordination. we will see this happening to dilshan in the future as well.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
It's just the conditions IMO. Sehwag in ODI's is always going to be inconsistent. But that part is magnified when playing overseas. It's really annoying how he keeps getting the leading edge though, needs to sort that out and he'll be fine.

Oh and PLEASE Viru win the toss! I won't mind if u get out for less than 5 as long as you win the toss and bat first.

Spark

Global Moderator
I maybe very wrong about this, but the same thing happened to jayasooriya. After he hit 38 his form dropped dramatically, he scored centuries here & there but consistency was gone. What's more he struggled against fast bowlers. Jayasooriya was also a lot like shewag in terms of reliance on hand-eye coordination. we will see this happening to dilshan in the future as well.
****mark and vic know more about this than me, but his balance has looked dodgy all tour (hence why balls keep going at catchable height to fielders)

pup11

International Coach
Its amusing everytime I hear someone telling Sehwag to change the way he bats,..I guess people don't realise that the way he bats is what makes him the player he is and if he makes changes to that he won't be the same unique player he is.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Its amusing everytime I hear someone telling Sehwag to change the way he bats,..I guess people don't realise that the way he bats is what makes him the player he is and if he makes changes to that he won't be the same unique player he is.
I think the point is that they don't want him to be the same unique player he is.

I guess though you could never fault him for not showing enough intent.

pup11

International Coach
I think the point is that they don't want him to be the same unique player he is.

I guess though you could never fault him for not showing enough intent.
Yeah... 33 is just the right age to teach him to move his feet, play with a straight bat and concentrate, I guess it maybe just is a massive fluke that he has scored close to 20,000 international runs with his crooked technique he has right now.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
First match Sri Lanka have gone in favourites pre-match vs. India ftr.

Dhoni factor obviously.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Replace Patel with Dhoni and Yadav with Khan and I think that's the team India should go with should they make the final.