• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Champions League Twenty20 2011

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Warner > Gayle

That last strike off Bolinger was incredible, a fairly low full toss not a terrible delivery nearly in the block hole and 108 meters.

mono

U19 Debutant
There seems to be some noise about the switch hit being unfair for bowlers. I think that's an absurd thing to say, it's like saying gayle's power or malinga's action is unfair. When you commit to the switch hit, there is alot going against you. for example your balance and weight distribution get's all wrong. What warner is able to do takes both skill & practice. If the switch hit is unfair the modern bat should also be as well.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
There seems to be some noise about the switch hit being unfair for bowlers. I think that's an absurd thing to say, it's like saying gayle's power or malinga's action is unfair. When you commit to the switch hit, there is alot going against you. for example your balance and weight distribution get's all wrong. What warner is able to do takes both skill & practice. If the switch hit is unfair the modern bat should also be as well.
Completely agree and I'm someone who think bowlers have a hard time and should have more going in their favour. It's like saying slower balls shouldn't be aloud because it puts batsmen off their rhythm.

There is also a huge advantage for bowlers when Batsmen do that as well as there is no longer a leg side. Umpires assume both sides of the wicket are off side. That means no leg side wides and batsmen can be out if it pitches anywhere on the pitch.

Who has to lose for T&T to make it through?
Group A already over. CSK had to win but by a small margin so that T&T's net run rate was above CSK's. Was always very unlikely as both CSK and NSW new exactly what they had to do to go through. CSK ended up having to chase down 202 in 17 overs.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Slower balls and balls that spin the opposite way aren't fair for batsmen either but they don't moan.

adub

International Captain
Damn that sounded like a bit of fun. I'm not big on the BBL but the thought of Warner and Gayle both getting away in the same game would be giving some sides nightmares.

Well done also to Mr SOK who just gets on with turning in handy performances.