• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Blast 2023

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Gotta say, for all the talk of the endangered state of county cricket, I haven’t seen a crowd like this at a Big Bash game in years.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Gotta say, for all the talk of the endangered state of county cricket, I haven’t seen a crowd like this at a Big Bash game in years.
Blast and the 100 get the crowds. County cricket is watched by the proverbial one man and a dog

IMG_0239.png
North group after tonight. Durham still have a very slim chance of qualifying

chunksafc

U19 12th Man
The game last night had a big crowd as well and I believe despite the weather spoling it my county Durham had their biggest crowd of the T20 campaign tonight as well

CartyDurham

International Captain
There was a lad playing tonight called Will Smeed , he has all the attributes to be an international cricketer but he has chosen to retire from red ball cricket and only play white ball stuff

that’s an example of what I’ve been banging on about re test cricket in Englands future

if the likes of this lad don’t want to know , then England will have problems when the main players retire in the next few years

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There was a lad playing tonight called Will Smeed , he has all the attributes to be an international cricketer but he has chosen to retire from red ball cricket and only play white ball stuff

that’s an example of what I’ve been banging on about re test cricket in Englands future

if the likes of this lad don’t want to know , then England will have problems when the main players retire in the next few years
it's not great news but the guy had never looked right for county cricket, and is finein t20, does sound like a Dickens character though, so maybe he can cash in on that.

CartyDurham

International Captain
it's not great news but the guy had never looked right for county cricket, and is finein t20, does sound like a Dickens character though, so maybe he can cash in on that.
:laugh: He looks to have all the shots required to play in an England test team, who like to have their best batsman play scoops off fast bowlers from ball 1

He won’t be the last to give up the red ball game but it’s such a shame for a talent that he has

that’s Englands problem when the likes of Root have had enough

grecian

Hey no-one is saying it's not a worry, but when he hasn't broke into Somerset first team, at first-class level, before announcing his retirement he's not one I'm going to cry about.

Pothas

Well Hampshire still only win when Vince makes runs but others did contribute today.

Starting to get somewhat excited about John Turner.

Third_Man

State 12th Man
Warwickshire are qualified, and almost certain to have homes games in both the QF and on finals day.

Lancs need one win from 2 home games against Yorkshire and Northants to qualify, win them both and they could remain in 2nd place and be at home in the QF. Unbeaten at home (at Old Trafford) since 2020 apparently.

Notts and Worcs have same points as Lancs but behind on NRR. Worcs should win both remaining matches and could easily beat Lancs to 2nd spot, but Notts have to play Warwickshire who are looking like the best side in the North Group.

Just watching Lancs TV crowd shots. How did the ECB think they could find a more family orientated crowd by setting up a franchise competition?

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
I was at Edgbaston tonight to see Worcs take an absolute pasting from Warwickshire

One win from the next two games probably enough to see us through to the quarters though

Third_Man

State 12th Man
Warwickshire and Nottinghamshire still signing overseas players for the last two games of the group (and finals day potentially). Notwithstanding that they are virtually qualified (are so in Warwickshire's case). So mnay short term overseas signings this year.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Warwickshire and Nottinghamshire still signing overseas players for the last two games of the group (and finals day potentially). Notwithstanding that they are virtually qualified (are so in Warwickshire's case). So mnay short term overseas signings this year.
Talking of which, as we were discussing Bess the other day, I read somewhere that he's only joined Warwickshire for one match in the CC.