• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Big Bash League

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
On foxsports it said that tonight's crowd broke the record which is a pretty awesome effort. I think the official figure is 29,600. Good signs, it's been a quality game to watch tonight.

Last edited:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
On foxsports it said that tonights crowd broke the record which is a pretty awesome effort. I think the official figure is 29,600. Good signs, it's been quality game to watch tonight.
Gabba domestic Twenty20 record?

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
It'd be one of the largest domestic crowds at the Gabba in years, top stuff. Shame the middle order was so disappointing although I think Warne absolutely made the difference.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Lack of spin bowling used tonight, IMO. Warne and Hauritz both had great success tonight and most of the pace bowlers were hammered. Dussey and Lynn should have been bowled, both captains missed a trick tonight.

Michael Neser's bowling reminds me a lot of Mark Cleary. Their actions are very similar IMO, both bowl at a decent click as well. I agree with Prince and Noble One, promising cricketer.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
The one dissapointing aspect of the BBL thus far has been the fielding. One of my major criticisms of the IPL is the terrible fielding displayed by many of the local players, however the first four games of the Australia version has displayed some pretty sloppy all-round fielding.

The Stars players looked torrid tonight (Dernbach I can understand), and all games have displayed some real cringe-worthy efforts. Slightly surprised by this as from the two domestic one day games I attended this year, and the dozen I watched on television have displayed the highest class fielding standards.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Keen to see the Sixers make it two from two!

Particularly interested to see if MacGilla can back up. Thornely to make his Sixers debut, in for Starc, which is the only change I believe.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Keen to see the Sixers make it two from two!

Particularly interested to see if MacGilla can back up. Thornely to make his Sixers debut, in for Starc, which is the only change I believe.
You mean other than Nev and Moran coming in?