• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Big Bash League 2017/18

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Man Pollard ****ed that chase up so hard. Really should have just gone for it a few overs ago, tried to be too clever by taking it deep and actually ended up leaving himself too much to do
Well Cooper didn't hit a boundary after the 14th over

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Renegades failed to take make two singles into twos in the last two overs, and then lost by one run.

Their running at the end there was so lacking in urgency it's baffling.

And I've only seen Pollard in the Big Bash, therefore any reputation he has as a batsman must have been built up elsewhere. AFAIK, he's an overweight oaf who struggles to hit 50% of deliveries.

(Okay, I guess he hit one six in this match)

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Man Pollard ****ed that chase up so hard. Really should have just gone for it a few overs ago, tried to be too clever by taking it deep and actually ended up leaving himself too much to do
I can't figure out why they take it so deep when you've got batsmen still left to come in. As long as you have wickets in hand you should be trying to finish it in the 19th over just to play it safe. I really don't get how professional teams can **** simple things like this up so badly. Maybe a big part of it is just selfish batsmen not wanting to throw their wickets away?

It's time the teams realised that Pollard is an unfit useless hack and stopped selecting him.
It seems just being West Indian can get you a long way in the Big Bash. I don't know if it's mainly due to marketability or they are just living in the past when they used to actually be good (3-4 years ago).

Spark

Global Moderator
I can't figure out why they take it so deep when you've got batsmen still left to come in. As long as you have wickets in hand you should be trying to finish it in the 19th over just to play it safe. I really don't get how professional teams can **** simple things like this up so badly. Maybe a big part of it is just selfish batsmen not wanting to throw their wickets away?

It seems just being West Indian can get you a long way in the Big Bash. I don't know if it's mainly due to marketability or they are just living in the past when they used to actually be good (3-4 years ago).
I reckon it's just that MS Dhoni used to do it and people are trying to copy him, but forgetting that Dhoni was a ****ing freak chaser. Could pinch twos out of nowhere, for one thing.

Flem274*

123/5
pollard did go early tbf and almost got out to colin ingram before flukily surviving rashid khan

he was just a bit **** tonight

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Over the years people seem to have somehow gained the impression that West Indies cricketers have some sort of magical X-faxtor that makes them brilliant.

They don't.

TheJediBrah

Over the years people seem to have somehow gained the impression that West Indies cricketers have some sort of magical X-faxtor that makes them brilliant.

They don't.
They used to be really good. Even just a few years ago guys like Andre Russell and Chris Gayle were among the most valuable players. Pollard though was never really that good, and he's just gotten worse. He's the one they're picking on imagined reputation. Who knows maybe DJ Bravo is insisting they select him, it wouldn't surprise me.

Gnske

Pollard does know how to throw the bat, we all know that and that's why I think he's getting too much flak here. He made an error in judgement tonight.

Starfighter

I just realised how joyous it is that we are going to see a final featuring neither Langer's Louts nor the Brisbane 'Overrated Brothers' Heat.

TheJediBrah

Strikers should absolutely open up with a spinner, a part-time spinner too. After Dunk got him out last game I'm backing Head to take the 1st over.

Burgey

How does Paine bat ahead of Wade given their respective LO form in recent times? And now bailey ahead of wade too. Bizarre. They don’t want to win.