• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Big Bash League 2012/13

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If I move to Glebe who should I support?
How bout Newtown?
Or Balmain?
Or Hunter?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
you can just support both teams. the thunder are just kids the sixers don't want to sign yet.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Fair enough. So Burgey, I wont make it this year, but I'll join you next year.

@benchy - hope they don't crash to defeat this year.

Spark

Global Moderator
Fair enough. So Burgey, I wont make it this year, but I'll join you next year.

@benchy - hope they don't crash to defeat this year.
I feel like such a wasted human being in understanding this reference.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
Vettori out for 6 weeks, Steyn withdrawn.... gee the Brisbane Heat (and the Bulls before them) sure know how to pick reliable international players don't they.

Spikey

I don't get why they're picking bowlers anyway. Unless I'm assigning them players they don't have, they need batsmen

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
To Dear Sydney Thunder

You are a ****en idiot. I would like to earn a test recall, and playing the Chairman's XI game will assist me in achieving this goal. I do not care about your franchise. I am not even very good at T20 cricket. I just do it because you pay me well. GAGF.

Sincerely,

-Usman Khawaja

benchmark00

Heard the situation described as 'an act of good will' from CA to Sydney Thunder, after they made the decision to rest Clarkeh from the match.

Last edited:

Spikey

well yeah. Usman only got picked for the CA Chairman's XI 'cause he wasn't gonna play the first game (Cosgrove, Kiwi Guy, Clarkeh, Pakistani guy would have been their top 4.), it was an act of good will by the Thunder. And once CA pulled Clarkeh out the Thunder were perfectly right to say "well we want Usman back". Anyway, a decent enough compromise in the end.

Spikey

and don't forget, the squad for the test is picked tomorrow. it won't really matter...

(spoiler warning: hughes set to win recall)