• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***official***Bangladesh tour of india - 19september -12 october 2024

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Kumble, Srinath and Prasad have frustrated me so much in my childhood that I had to bank on the likes of Agarkar, Mohanty etc. to come good and win tests for India when they debuted.
That's away from home though. Kumble was a phenom at home, especially pre-Bhajji. His record compares very favorably with Ashwin's in India. He was also the sole world-class performer in those 90s' sides until Srinath became somewhat useful post '95.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Bumrah already in top ten even if he doesn’t take a single additional wicket. I know it’s only 36 Tests but india are so thin at that position that no all time india XI could possibly leave him out - so that fact alone should get him in there.

If you ask “without anyone arguing, who would make the India test all time XI, home or away?”

Gavaskar, Tendulkar, Dravid, Kohli, Kapil dev and Bumrah would be on that list. You can make at least a theoretical case for a lot of players in the other five spots but not for those six.

anyone who says with anyone on that list would not make the XI will be immediately blocked.
Well Kohli's slump has lasted for five years now...it's surprising that as a batting-dominant nation we don't have at least a couple other ATVG batsmen to hustle him for that position if the slide continues for another year or two, post which his average may very well be closer to 45 than 50.

GirthQuake

School Boy/Girl Captain
DK spot on in his pitch analysis. The moisture underneath has evaporated so it's easier to bat today facing quicks. But the pitch is not dry enough that it'd break or provide assistance to spinners. Best day to bat.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
That's away from home though. Kumble was a phenom at home, especially pre-Bhajji. His record compares very favorably with Ashwin's in India. He was also the sole world-class performer in those 90s' sides until Srinath became somewhat useful post '95.
India didn't lose a single series at home in the 90s, largely thanks to Kumble. So I want to keep him in top 5, though it's close between Kumble, Jadeja, Gavaskar and Dravid. On another day could rate them in different order. Jadeja needs to play more tests to move clear of this pack. (played just 72 so far)

Last edited: