• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Bangladesh in West Indies

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
roseboy64 said:
He's actually my coach.He doesn't really mind being sacked as much as people would think.At least now he can pay more attention to his players and help them better.He's kind of apathetic towards WI cricket sometimes.Actually he said that Dwayne Smith couldn't bat when he made that century against South Africa but now he looks more like a batsman.
Interesting that Pedro has dismissed Sarkar with the first ball of a test match TWICE - and that's a unique feat.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Close of play: Bangladesh- 278/7(Bashar 113,Ashraful 64*)
West Indies- Collins 3/75

Ashraful needs to make a century for Bangladesh to pass 300.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's just utterly illogical.

Bangladesh need 22 to make 300. Ashraful is on 64. Even if he were to score all 22, he'd be on 86*.

Do you work in the WICB? ;)

Revelation

U19 Debutant
Neil Pickup said:
That's just utterly illogical.

Bangladesh need 22 to make 300. Ashraful is on 64. Even if he were to score all 22, he'd be on 86*.

Do you work in the WICB? ;)
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

that's a good one!

Mr Mxyzptlk

A shot off the splice of the bat from Ashraful drops just short of the diving Dwayne Smith. Not much relevance to the shot except that it brought the commentary from Ian Bishop that Dwayne Smith is 'one of the best fielders in the world at the moment'. It never really occured to me until then, but he really is an amazing fielder.

As some of the readers who were around during the tour to South Africa would know, I practically led the anti-DwSmith campaign. Suffice to say though, he's growing on me and I'm quite fond of him now. If he bats like he did during the majority of the ODI series against England and Bangladesh, he should be fine. Bright prospect.

Neil Pickup

Maiden test fifty for Mohammad Rafique. Ashraful 80*.

Bangladesh 331-7, having added 81 for the eight wicket. Previous eighth-wicket best was 51.

C'mon the Tigers!

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
A shot off the splice of the bat from Ashraful drops just short of the diving Dwayne Smith. Not much relevance to the shot except that it brought the commentary from Ian Bishop that Dwayne Smith is 'one of the best fielders in the world at the moment'. It never really occured to me until then, but he really is an amazing fielder.

As some of the readers who were around during the tour to South Africa would know, I practically led the anti-DwSmith campaign. Suffice to say though, he's growing on me and I'm quite fond of him now. If he bats like he did during the majority of the ODI series against England and Bangladesh, he should be fine. Bright prospect.
It'll be harder to just throw the bat in test matches though when a team can spread the field and bowl wide of his off stump. I wonder how long his patience would hold before he holed out.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
As some of the readers who were around during the tour to South Africa would know, I practically led the anti-DwSmith campaign.
Yes, but we didn't want to say anything, knowing you're nuts.
(slams de dominor hon de table)

anzac

International Debutant
what's going on here??????

BAN 370/8 & scoring at over 3 RPO!!!!!!

what's their best score in a Test?????

chicane

State Captain
Moh'd Rafique 103*(138) 11 fours and 2 sixes. Outstanding knock. Bangladesh reach 406-9, their highest test score.