• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/2017

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Saw Wagner off; which reduces the threat of wickets, and meanwhile they're eating time out of the game too which will start to deflate the NZers in the field and shift momentum.

You've watched Test Cricket before right?
Of course I have.

Why aren't they targeting the max zone? Fielding restrictions must be coming off soon.

Blocky

Banned
Got to love Southee "Oh, Wagner was having success doing that... I can do that too" without the realisation his shorter pitched stuff is trash.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tbf no one would have been game to bowl short to Marshall, broken arm or not!

The bronze of him bowling in that match with his arm in a cast is a great sculpture at the Lord's museum.

Blocky

Banned
Here in lies the problem with Wagner's success on the shorter pitched bowling, Boult and Southee think it's the answer for them to get wickets and go away from what usually works for them; and they're just no where near as quick off the wicket, nor as accurate with it.

Zinzan

Yup, doesn't look good at all. It's amazing with all these developments into the helmet, that it can result in this, even hitting the helmet flush.

Blocky

Banned
Yup, doesn't look good at all. It's amazing with all these developments into the helmet, that it can result in this, even hitting the helmet flush.
Getting hit right on the side of the helmet screws with you bigtime, because it rattles your head in a manner that isn't usual.

Unfortunately though, if you're willing to pepper the opposition tail with bouncers like they did Wagner, you're going to get them back in good spades, but that was batting error, the ball was too full to duck.

Zinzan

Getting hit right on the side of the helmet screws with you bigtime, because it rattles your head in a manner that isn't usual.
I know it well, been sconned there myself, once top-edging one straight in the side. Let's just hope the development into new materials in helmets, to make them even more effective continues.

Zinzan

How bad does it look? Is he able to stand/walk etc?
He's moving, but not standing at this stage. Looks like a fairly bad concussion from a far. Would be dubious for him to attempt to return to the crease later on after that, in fact I highly doubt the medical people would allow it.