• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia vs Pakistan in UAE

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
5-fer to Doug Bollinger. Good effort. He has certainly made his mark on the ODI team. I just wish that we had played him sooner.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
What's wrong with Watto's fielding at the moment? Watching him in the IPL last year, he was pretty good. Recent times, he seems to have gone a bit butter-fingered.

Xuhaib

International Coach
After Monday debacle had promised myself not to watch this **** team anymore but come game time was glued to the TV set needless to say it was another gutter performance on which I wasted 3 more hours.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
How do you rate the new kid?
Looks pretty handy but doesn't seem to be able to rotate the strike, thus gets bogged-down, preoccupied with the big shots and chucks his wicket away. Technically decent, better than that other guy who opened against Sri Lanka and looked hapless against their quicks.

Enough good signs for Pak to be encouraged. Now get that Aamer into the fold...

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Australia ease to victory by 8 wickets with 5.4 overs in hand.

MJ Clarke with 100*

Shock result that.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Relatively easy for Australia in the end.

Michael Clarke has really turned things around. Calls for his head in South Africa, now proving why he is such a fantastic limited overs MIDDLE ORDER bat. Played the sensible innings, deserved the hundred.

Impressive from Doug Bollinger. Bowled well with the new ball, good pace, slight swing. 5 wickets did flatter, but he bowled in the right spots and was rewarded. Performances like this will help his Ashes prospects.

Nathan Hauritz was solid again. Keeping a tight lid on things, starting to secure that limited overs spinner spot. Since his return to the side, seems to be gaining confidence with each game.

2/60 off 9
4/29 off 8.1
0/25 off 5
0/37 off 8
0/51 off 7
2/34 off 9
0/27 off 6
3/41 off 10
2/25 off 10
1/34 off 10

howardj

International Coach
What Watto and Pup did was what I expect from our top order - if batting is not easy, hang in there and bat around the awkward periods. In short, bat time and the runs will come. Show some ticker.

And yeah, once again, Horrie does the business!

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
Excellent win that. 'Bout time we won a series, if you ask me.

Superb performances from Bollinger and Clarke, who scored a brilliant captain's ton when Australia had their balls to the wall.

Nathan Hauritz was once again solid. Marcus North was a disappointment, but it's only one innings.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Spinners were expected to have one bad game and this what happened and Aus cruised home tbh Pakistan lost the series in the 3rd game. The batting is the real issue and hsa been for some time.

pasag

RTDAS
For mine it doesn't prove a whole lot. Chasing small totals in tough conditions, he's very useful because he can stick around and edge the team towards the total and has no pressure to score quickly. However these situations are rare in today's ODI landscape and his inability to switch gears really holds him and the team back.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For mine it doesn't prove a whole lot. Chasing small totals in tough conditions, he's very useful because he can stick around and edge the team towards the total and has no pressure to score quickly. However these situations are rare in today's ODI landscape and his inability to switch gears really holds him and the team back.
Who, Katich or Clarke?

:p

EDIT: Anyway, I'd argue that a steady hand in the muddle order right is a welcome change.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Really enjoyed watching the game from an Australian point of view. As much as I love Watson, he was so terrible. :D He played and missed 23 times in his innings. But to his credit, he stuck around. North was disappointing, albeit getting out to a 50/50 decision. It was nice to see Bracken do what he does best, and Bollinger was awesome, so glad he's finally getting chances in ODI Cricket. Definately should be our first reserve bowler.