• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia vs New Zealand ODIs 2016/17

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I know its those finishes that are what make cricket great, but it just feels so unfair. Argh.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sounds like I missed a great knock. Going by the scorecard, it's pretty crazy how well he marshalled the strike at the end.

Zinzan

Two NZ changes for me for Napier using their squad.

Henry in for Southee & CDG probably deserves a crack ahead of Munro, although I think they'll give Munro the 2nd game.

Be interesting if they bring Sodhi in for the 3rd game since he ran through Aust last time he played them in the T20 WC.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Up with Styris' 141 in the 2003 WC against SL in terms of great innings on the losing side. Possibly even better.
Way better. We were never in that game and Styris, as good an innings as it was, got a few slog sweeps away to make it a less painful loss. Stoinis should've won the game for his side if not for Hazelwood (who in his defence was only trying to get down the other end).

Change for me, Colin de for Colin M - who as much as I love him, is low on confidence and is an inferior bowling option to CDG. Both are probably best case scenario 30 off 20, and should be batting 7.

Latham Gup KW Taylor Broom Neesham (not at seven, he's too good) CDG Santner Southee Ferguson Boult. If Ish was in the squad I'd be strongly considering him on a dry Napier deck.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Went to Eden Park today for the first time since an Auckland Ranfurly Shield defence against Canterbury in 1988. The beer is sadly not at 1988 prices - although I wasn't drinking when I was 9. $9.40 for a ****** plastic cup of Tui Golden Lager. Good thing I was too hungover to manage more than a couple. Some of my friends opted for the #OneInTheQueue policy, skolling back one of their two beers while they waited to pay and shifting between checkout lines, and only paid for one. Screw you, Eden Park.

There was always this nagging thought in the back of our minds that Stoinis and Faulkner could work the target closeish, but even we couldn't have predicted the onslaught from Cummins then Stoinis.

Still, my record at Eden Park is better than _Ed_'s.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Went to Eden Park today for the first time since an Auckland Ranfurly Shield defence against Canterbury in 1988. The beer is sadly not at 1988 prices - although I wasn't drinking when I was 9. $9.40 for a ****** plastic cup of Tui Golden Lager. Good thing I was too hungover to manage more than a couple. Some of my friends opted for the #OneInTheQueue policy, skolling back one of their two beers while they waited to pay and shifting between checkout lines, and only paid for one. Screw you, Eden Park.

There was always this nagging thought in the back of our minds that Stoinis and Faulkner could work the target closeish, but even we couldn't have predicted the onslaught from Cummins then Stoinis.

Still, my record at Eden Park is better than _Ed_'s.
Beer prices weren't helped by the 10% surcharge either >.>

Daemon

Slightly baffled at the hate (jokey memey sort of hate) being poured out for Haze on social media

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Slightly baffled at the hate (jokey memey sort of hate) being poured out for Haze on social media
Thats casual fans for you. I had my brother in law watching the end if the game with me and he was going off........reckoned Haze had one job to do and ****ed it up. Didnt get that his job there and then was to get down the other end cos Stoinis was gonna be coming no matter what.

Flem274*

123/5
couldn't believe it when i checked the score the ball before the win and saw how close aus were. stoinis what a monster.

good to see the nz death bowling is as good as ever

this is where the worlds fastest gavin larsen is sorely missed, even with his like for like replacement bowling well.

and southee doesn't bowl well enough, especially at the death, to bat the way he does

TheJediBrah

The worst thing about this is everyone is going to expect Stoinis to be awesome from now on, when he's really not that great (by international standards)

Daemon

The worst thing about this is everyone is going to expect Stoinis to be awesome from now on, when he's really not that great (by international standards)
Will never beat Carlos 'Remember The Name' Brathwaite's sheer incompetence since that over

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Man, what a game. Stoinis' knock has to go down as an ATG for mine.

NZ desperately need a death bowler back... how long till McClenaghan or Anderson is fit again?