• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of New Zealand Feb-Mar 2024

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Just one slip really, with Marsh throwing his at hands at just about everything outside off?

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Without the Wagner short ball barrage NZ seem very run in and hope with the old ball in situations like this. Phillips is at least creating a hint of pressure here.
The selectors never appreciated Wagner. Has to be one of NZ's biggest match winners. Seemed to often be the last name picked, sometimes dropped at various grounds depending on conditions. He was rarely if ever picked for white ball cricket and there was never a good reason given. He may have occasionally been expensive but he would have got bags of wickets too. And then we have the final **** you.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Obviously I would say this, but it seems to me that the 24 runs from three Kuggeleijn overs (even if he officially only conceded 10) kind of accelerated the momentum shift.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Lack of control is absolutely killing NZ here, zero pressure being applied on these two to take undue risks
Yeah in these situations it’s easy to go searching too hard when creating pressure through tight bowling should be the key, like Phillips is doing to Carey. Thought it was pretty similar in that 1-run win against England last year. The seniors should really be doing their bit.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Failing to defend 280 in the 4th innings after having your opponent 34/4 and 80/5 is an appalling defeat and I hope that isn't minimised at all after this.
There's enough still going on if they can jag one of these two. Don't fancy the tail at all against Henry getting that bit of reverse