• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of New Zealand Feb-Mar 2024

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Ol' Trenty aye. If I was better at memes, I could create a 'break glass in case of limited overs tournament' with a picture of Trent in the casing.

I'm flogging a dead horse but it is such a ****ing shame that one of our best Test bowlers of all time is going to pass over the series against Australia to play two largely irrelevant T20s, and probably piss off to Monaco after that to play in a T5 event.
Agree. I'm disappointed they didn't pick Sears or even given Nathan Smith a debut.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Tbf Sears might've dodged a bullet. I could easily see Mitch Marsh depositing him on the roof of the cake tin.

anonymouskefe

School Boy/Girl Captain
Ol' Trenty aye. If I was better at memes, I could create a 'break glass in case of limited overs tournament' with a picture of Trent in the casing.

I'm flogging a dead horse but it is such a ****ing shame that one of our best Test bowlers of all time is going to pass over the series against Australia to play two largely irrelevant T20s, and probably piss off to Monaco after that to play in a T5 event.
heard on the commentary for this first test vs Sa Trent is available for selection for the aus tests

RMBolton

U19 Debutant
I'll be honest. I have no idea why Rachin is in the squad. There's nothing in his record that suggests he should be in a frontline T20 team. I don't even know where he'd fit in. The list of guys I'd pick over him is quite long: Dean Foxcroft, Cole McConchie, Dane Cleaver, Nick Kelly, Tom Latham, hell, I'd even pick Henry Nicholls over him

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
heard on the commentary for this first test vs Sa Trent is available for selection for the aus tests
As in he's made himself available?

I'll be honest. I have no idea why Rachin is in the squad. There's nothing in his record that suggests he should be in a frontline T20 team. I don't even know where he'd fit in. The list of guys I'd pick over him is quite long: Dean Foxcroft, Cole McConchie, Dane Cleaver, Nick Kelly, Tom Latham, hell, I'd even pick Henry Nicholls over him
If he is in the squad, his numbers say it should be as a bowler. His T20 bowling record is actually very good. But hey, maybe they think they can develop him into a T20 opener - just hope it's not at the detriment of his longer form game

anonymouskefe

School Boy/Girl Captain
As in he's made himself available?

If he is in the squad, his numbers say it should be as a bowler. His T20 bowling record is actually very good. But hey, maybe they think they can develop him into a T20 opener - just hope it's not at the detriment of his longer form game
I believe so

RMBolton

U19 Debutant
Like a spinning Zak Foulkes? I could see that for some reason.

Considering they had him open in that Pakistan T20, he probably won't be with the tail. This is what is frustrating: he doesn't belong there, in all honesty, but just because he's good in the other formats he's being crowbarred into the T20 side in the hope that he can succeed internationally where he's failed domestically.

Chubb

International Regular
Still REALLY hoping Smith gets called up for the Aussie tests but at this rate I don't think the prophecy will be fulfilled.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain

Jamieson in doubt for the tests with a back injury
Mitchell should be fine
Williamson's baby should arrive before the test series
Boult isn't being considered for the tests

anonymouskefe

School Boy/Girl Captain
Id be playing four seamers vs aus including O'rouke whos pace and bounce might trouble some of their top order if he gets it right