• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
This is probs the only way Australia can win chasing, making sure that the target is as tiny as possible.
Yep, as soon as they were 6 down I thought they have to knock them over for 150 max if the wicket is turning. My word, the bowlers have been good in this series.

Lostman

State Captain
EDIT What do we say of Mahela's knock? Obviously the lone man whilst the rest clattered but you could say he and Sanga probably let us put too much pressure on earlier on.
This has been going on for the last 8 years, time for a SL ODI team reboot.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just discovered this is being broadcast on Eurosport. Could have been watching this instead of rain at the Oval.

Hope they've got the Tests as well.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Is Watson the best ODI batsman in the 2nd innings ever?

He averages 62.33 with 5 of his 6 centuries chasing.
I remember reading that he relishes batting in the second innings because he can basically exert himself without having to worry about possibly bowling 10 overs later on.

Spark

Global Moderator
Is Watson the best ODI batsman in the 2nd innings ever?

He averages 62.33 with 5 of his 6 centuries chasing.
If we count 500+ runs only then RTD is first (76.8!). Watson second, Clarke (indeed - averages 58.2 in a chase) third, Bevan fourth.