• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Himmanv and Lostman, thanks for the info, guys!

It's just that with his arm action, you'd think that Kula would find bowling the outswinger more natural. Looking closely, I just discovered that he seems to slant in the seam every time. Well, it's working today alight!

smash84

The Tiger King
yeah kulasekara could swing it quite a bit but agree that he is somewhat uni-dimensional. ....things looking uphill for Aus

Lostman

State Captain
Himmanv and Lostman, thanks for the info, guys!

It's just that with his arm action, you'd think that Kula would find bowling the outswinger more natural. Looking closely, I just discovered that he seems to slant in the seam every time. Well, it's working today alight!
yea with his seam position I hope he would try to bowl around the wicket sometimes.
If he can get even half swing from around the wicket, I reckon he would trouble both lefties and righties.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Interesting first over from Eranga. Whats the general opinion of him for the rest of you?
First impression (and a very raw one) is that he tends to fall away a bit. The right arm goes across from off to leg, rather than coming down straight.

That would mean that he'd tend to slip a few down the leg side, as we already have seen. But, if he starts outside off, the natural angle would ensure that the thing comes in. I am very interested in seeing more.

Spark

Global Moderator
Haha love how eager he was to apologise after Ponting gave him The Glare.

EDIT: Clarke looks in good nick too.

Last edited:

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
yea with his seam position I hope he would try to bowl around the wicket sometimes.
If he can get even half swing from around the wicket, I reckon he would trouble both lefties and righties.
Not so sure, man..It's a difficult angle to control.

Anyone who's bowled quick at any level would tell you that trying to swing it in as a right-armer around the stumps is one hell of a job. The angle would ensure that you are always pushing them across and expecting them to do too much against the angle. In my experience, that seldom happens.

A better solution would be to go a bit wide on the crease (from over) and as a variation come close every now and then. That'd screw up the batsman's subconsciuos angle adjustment.

smash84

The Tiger King
yeah ponting stare was good....lol....

ponting is looking really good on this tour...maybe getting the captaincy off him has helped

Himannv

Hall of Fame Member
First impression (and a very raw one) is that he tends to fall away a bit. The right arm goes across from off to leg, rather than coming down straight.

That would mean that he'd tend to slip a few down the leg side, as we already have seen. But, if he starts outside off, the natural angle would ensure that the thing comes in. I am very interested in seeing more.
I think he'll be an interesting experiment for the tests. Did quite a good job in the recent A game in England.