• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nice moment there with Swampy. Do they fly these blokes in to present the caps? I mean, he'd be there to watch his son play anyway, but what about Doug Walters last week?

More evidence of Labor waste, and it just shows Gillard must resign.

Spikey

harris didn't bowl that well to the left handers last match and he's started off pretty badly here

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Regarding Copeland and his lack of pace, does anybody else suspect he could get a yard or two quicker with a decent winter in the gym (ala Ryan Harris a couple of years back)? I know he's never going to be Brett Lee but I don't see any reason (besides his obvious current lack of physical strength and development) why he couldn't bowl 130kph regularly. He's a pretty athletic guy, moves well, very smooth action.

If we bulked him up a little and he started trundling them down at 130ish then I can see him becoming genuinely world-class. But at 118-124kph I'm not sold on him, I know his fundamentals are great...but he just looks too...Andrew McDonaldish.
The word I've got is that he can bowl a fraction quicker but generally opts not to because pace isn't going to be much of an asset to him regardless and he gets more movement and has more control bowling the way he does. Better off bowling like this at 125 than having a 130 version of Pete Siddle. I'm sure the coaching staff at NSW and Australia will be working on it with him now in the next couple of years though; he's straight out of grade cricket so he hasn't really been touched by professional coaching much at all yet.

Burgey

Comms banging on about Copes' lack of pace already, despite having seen him operate in a Test match last week.

The stupid! It burns!!!

Top_Cat

The word I've got is that he can bowl a fraction quicker but generally opts not to because pace isn't going to be much of an asset to him regardless and he gets more movement and has more control bowling the way he does. Better off bowling like this at 125 than having a 130 version of Pete Siddle. I'm sure the coaching staff at NSW and Australia will be working on it with him now in the next couple of years though; he's straight out of grade cricket so he hasn't really been touched by professional coaching much at all yet.
He's doomed, tbh.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Comms banging on about Copes' lack of pace already, despite having seen him operate in a Test match last week.

The stupid! It burns!!!
Haha I could hear Tony Greig talking in the background before the over about it. What he said when he knew we could all here as the over started was a lot more complementary.

Spikey

said it last match and i'll say it again, there's surely not a worse feeling than getting given out, walking down the pitch and having your fellow batsmen say don't review it after you ask them. it's a double blow.

Burgey

said it last match and i'll say it again, there's surely not a worse feeling than getting given out, walking down the pitch and having your fellow batsmen say don't review it after you ask them. it's a double blow.
Death of a close family member would be a close second I suppose.

Top_Cat

"Don't review it, ****."

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Am listening to Tony Grieg's commentary, but there's one thing he seems to be neglecting to tell us...Copeland - is he bowling bang on target?