• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

adub

International Captain
Very good seed, very good snare.

I don't think sitting on the bowling is going to work with this new Aussie attack.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ponting and Clarke showing the difference good fielding makes to any side, really.

Absolutely massive.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
LYON! Someone describe it for the people who can't be watching on tv? Was it good bowling or poor batting?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
LYON! Someone describe it for the people who can't be watching on tv? Was it good bowling or poor batting?
Was a fine ball. Around the wicket, good length, puff of dust, bounce and turn. Caught the defensive push and Clarke with a screamer low left at slip. Back to you Richie.

Looks like Mahela ain't waiting around. Probably the right plan.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Perfect off break. Drifted into the left hander from round the wicket, pitched just outside off, turned away. Batsman defended and it caught the edge.

Definitely need more sweepers for Jayawardene though by the looks of things.

adub

International Captain
tossed it up, it gripped and took the outside edge and Sanga came a long way forward to try and smother it. Fantastic catch diving to the left by Clarke.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Very good seed, very good snare.

I don't think sitting on the bowling is going to work with this new Aussie attack.
Yeah, I didn’t agree when Hussey was criticised on here yesterday for scoring too slowly (:wacko:) but Kumar just dug his own grave considering the conditions or attack looks far more benign than yesterday.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:laugh:

Tony's now talking about 'a bloke called Cunningham' who first took a wicket first ball for Australia in a test debut...2 minutes ago he was discussing this with his co-presenter and said "What's his name...Cunningham!?...Never heard of the bloke". Then there was a pause and he said, "...and he's Australian?"

Obviously while thinking he was off air.

Jayzamann

International Regular
I really like how slack many commentators are with keeping their background conversations quiet. You always hear Healy or Slater laughing or sharing snide remarks in a not-so-subtle way.