• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Pakistan 2022

Flem274*

123/5
Aus are doing everything right here. This series is gonna be a case of batting as big as possible then hoping for a pitch ambush opportunity or to force the lollapse through weight of runs and driving a truck through the gate.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
The best way to press for a win here is to make 550 plus and at best have a token second innings slog if required on a wearing pitch when you have a big lead on the first. No one knows if the deck will fall apart (probably not) but if it does why would you want to be trying to score runs then instead of now?
Excellent points.
Still think they are fighting their own chances doing it so slowly, heck man it's almost day 3 and 20 wickets are still required.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah absolutely no problems with the Aussie tactics here. Best way is to run Pak ragged given how good the pitch is. And some tired legs facing 140+ ks, can miss even some straight ones.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How come @Gnske disappears for extended periods instead of staying around to regale us with his genius all the time? Makes me a sad panda

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Shame Alex couldn't quite ton up.
LOL commentator just said we're witnessing a master class in sweeping moments before it undid him.

Burgey

Another pretty good day tbh. Would think only Aus can win from here unless Pakistan score at >3.5 per over for two days. That shouldn’t happen once the ball softens.

Odds on another bore draw unless the deck disintegrates rapidly from here.

Pretty happy for Carey tbh. Don’t get the hate on him really. Seems a decent fella. Hope he takes the confidence into his keeping, which hasn’t been as good as it should be at test level so far.

trundler

I'll be happy with someone bombing Karachi and home tests moving back to Dubai at this rate. Fmd. The last 2 wickets really shouldn't have gone for that many and there's no way Pakistan can win this. Took something spectacularly awful from PCB for me to not enjoy a home series.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Pretty happy for Carey tbh. Don’t get the hate on him really. Seems a decent fella. Hope he takes the confidence into his keeping, which hasn’t been as good as it should be at test level so far.
Agree he comes across as an affable person. As well he isn't yapping incessantly behind the stumps like Paine was. I know TV comms love keepers who yap incessantly but it's pretty tedious to listen to imo.