• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Pakistan 2022

smash84

The Tiger King
As much as cricket is welcome back, I certainly don't miss the roads they lay out for test matches in Pakistan.

Also, its terrible to be a bowler on these wickets.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Think Pakistan are zero chance of winning this Test. If Australia bat at the same pace tomorrow (weather permitting) there's a chance Pakistan could fold under the pressure of batting out time on the final day.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah this isn't pretty and they've very clearly done it to bridge the gap between Naseem Shah and Josh Hazelwood. I doubt they'd have rolled out this deck if half of the first choice attack hadn't been injured. Just the worst type of road.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Buddy I recognise a Pakistan road when I look at it, there is a road and there is a Pakistani road this is the latter ? miandad and inzi were notorious rolling these out when they were unsure of the opposition or had to protect a 1-0 lead.

I can assure you even lyon can get a 100 on this if he applies himself
Was OK when Shoaib was bowling 160km. But it's a bit of a shame that after all this time between tours by non-Asian sides, they roll out this absolute cake of a deck.

Burgey

Yeah this isn't pretty and they've very clearly done it to bridge the gap between Naseem Shah and Josh Hazelwood. I doubt they'd have rolled out this deck if half of the first choice attack hadn't been injured. Just the worst type of road.
Why didn't they play that bloke who bowls with the new ball at Kumble's pace and got a lot of wickets that time in the UAE?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
That's the fella. Was very effective in that series. Personally didn't think he turned his wrong 'un much, but he got the job done.
Lost 10 k's on pace, now he bowls slow straight breaks that dom sibley could farm runs against.

Burgey

Anyone know whether there's an early start today after the bad light last night?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone know whether there's an early start today after the bad light last night?
Cricinfo said we'de be starting 15 mins early today I believe? Bit stupid that we've lost basically a session to bad lights over the past 2 days.

Burgey

yeah 15 minutes is pretty inadequate, unless there's a problem with early morning dew at the ground which makes it impracticable.