• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

Skyliner

International 12th Man
The way we've played against Australia in test cricket this summer is a testament to the character within the team. I'm proud of the evolution of this team and the performances they've started to put up.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You do know the difference between Bracewell and Wagner though right? Just checking.

"Bowling Strategies" - you mean like bowling short repeatedly at the Australians with a stacked leg side field, waiting for them to pull the ball stupidly to the fielders and not deviating from that plan because it keeps working for him?

Lyon is the GOAT, because batsmen try to slog him and miss. Wagner is lucky, because batsmen can't help but pull him when he has a field set for exactly that.
I'm referencing your previous post on Lyon and the claim that Bracewell deserved his wickets. I saw plenty of Bracewell and Lyon over here. Actually, it was mostly Bracewell. He never applied any pressure and would just get wickets through crap shots. In this match Wagner was bowling with a strategy, whereas Bracewell bowls in hope.
You did read the JediBrah's post right? The one you replied to? He didn't mention Wagner.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I am wishing the best for Latham in this innings.

#teamHendrix
#onceinalifetime
I give him a 50% chance of getting to 40. But unless the team New Zealand think tank has given a lot of thought to batting against Lyon then I think he will come unglued against him,

But you never know will keep my fingers crossed as well.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So when Lyon does it, it's good bowling and a plan and the quality of the wickets shouldn't be undermined.
When Wagner does it, it's getting wickets handed to him.

Lyon GOAT!

Wagner now sneaks past Southee and averages less per wicket.
was wondering if someone would get it, thought I might have been too subtle

Though almost seems as though you thought I was being serious, in which case probably was too subtle

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I agree with the commentators that Kane needs to come out of his shell, however I am hoping that he is counting the overs and wants to get through to a certain point first.

Oh no Lyon on. Be Steadfast young Tom.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Hi all, first time poster, long time creepy lurking stalkerish reader.

Guptill clearly (in my eyes) doesn't have the technique to consistently succeed in test matches against the new ball. Would anyone else move him to five to replace McCullum? He is so successful in one dayers that I think we can't really turn our back on that quality in our test team without trying whatever we can to translate it to five dayers.

He has batted there in three tests for an average of 68 ... admittedly this includes a big ton against Bangers, but also a 50 vs South Africa, which at least shows he can handle it.

Brownlie could then potentially be brought in as our other opener (even if he hasn't had a huge year so far this season).

Anyway, just my thoughts on the side moving forward.

Meridio

International Regular
Danger time for Latham. He's got in and made a start, recent history suggests this is when he gets out. Has been scoring a lot quicker this innings though, so I suppose in terms of time he's not quite there yet.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular

Guptill clearly (in my eyes) doesn't have the technique to consistently succeed in test matches against the new ball. Would anyone else move him to five to replace McCullum? He is so successful in one dayers that I think we can't really turn our back on that quality in our test team without trying whatever we can to translate it to five dayers.

He has batted there in three tests for an average of 68 ... admittedly this includes a big ton against Bangers, but also a 50 vs South Africa, which at least shows he can handle it.

Brownlie could then potentially be brought in as our other opener (even if he hasn't had a huge year so far this season).

Welcome

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Already a better contribution with your first post than Jord has made in spewing 200 odd.

Wouldn't trust Guptill down the order either tbh.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach

guptills fielding is worth so much though, so his replacement needs to be a significant step up. Who in the country would actually do better against this bowling lineup?