• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Agree about forcing field back in ODI games and sometimes in tests, but don't see the need to do this in a test where you are batting for the draw and managing to work the spinner for some singles (Latham 11 (39) vs Lyon before dismissal) and have one of their quicks struggling with a ankle injury. With a 200+ run lead the NZers would have needed to hit several over the top before Smith dropped the field back, especially after getting Guptill early in the innings. So I think the risk / reward equation means you shelve hitting the spinner in the air unless he bowls a half-tracker.
Nice comprehensive post. I will respond after I have done the shopping.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
lol B Mac's career average is gonna slide down to the mid 30s. Terrible patch he's having right at the end

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think SA were the last team to win a Test in New Zealand back in 2012? Been a pretty good run.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Demolition, and no way back now. Only consolation will be watching Pews fume if Nicholls somehow tons up tomorrow.

RossTaylorsBox

Speaking of which I'd like to see some ABDV Amlaesque stonewalling tomorrow by Nicholls and Watling. 90 runs for the day should be fun.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
lol B Mac's career average is gonna slide down to the mid 30s. Terrible patch he's having right at the end
Depends on what you mean by mid-30's but nah. The thing when you've played 100 games it takes a lot to shift your average one way or the other.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah Marsh's bowling throughout his test career so far has been a lot better than I'd ever have expected. If he could manage to be a high 30s average sort of batsmen he'd be a pretty impressive cricketer, given that there's plenty of room to improve still.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
iirc Fleming got like a duck and 6 in his 100th Test. Hit 262 in the next. Expect McCullum to go big at his (new) home.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Didn't stand for Voges double ton. Was too busy having a post-hangover dump and was concerned at the consequences for all if I stood at an injudicious mid-stool moment.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Heath I heard this year they only had a couple of hot dog stands and one Indian stand with two blokes working there. Mate of mine who was there said day 1 was a nightmare to get food and drinks (due to it being a sellout). Any truth?

Sounds crazy.

HeathDavisSpeed

Heath I heard this year they only had a couple of hot dog stands and one Indian stand with two blokes working there. Mate of mine who was there said day 1 was a nightmare to get food and drinks (due to it being a sellout). Any truth?

Sounds crazy.
Can't confirm as I took my own sandwiches (ham, chicken, pesto cheese, beetroot relish). However, the concourse was definitely narrower than normal making exit around the lunch and tea breaks to go and nab a quick pint from Regional Wines & Spirits trickier than normal.

When I walked past the food stalls, they looked reasonably manned, but perhaps they underestimated the demand for day one?