• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Always look forward to an NZ test. Being able to get to work and stream it live from the start of the day enhances productivity no end.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Really? Great return in the 1st with his 3-38, even if he was damn lucky Warner didn't review that LBW & got spanked in the 2nd ODI with 1/66 off 9 overs, would hardly say that's looking every bit the worlds no.1 ranked bowler.

Why not just say he had one good performance and one poor which is what actually happen? :mellow:
I wasn't talking about performances in terms of stats, I was talking about getting it up to his old pace and accuracy. All signs are that the old Boult is back.

Anyway, 4/104, averaging 26, against the World Champions, is hardly a mediocre series return, is it?

Zinzan

Your actual statement was that he 'looked every bit the world's no.1 bowler', but let's just skim over the detail.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Probably won't be making it along tomorrow, but if anyone's around for Saturday or Sunday and want to catch up for a pint, then just flick me a VM.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
if trent boult looked every bit the worlds no.1 ranked bowler in those odi's then john hastings is malcolm marshall

Daemon

If just two of patto, starc, harris or johnson were available Australia would be favourites. As it stands now I don't think the bowling is good enough to come back from losing the toss.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Top NZ bat

Kane Williamson 3.75
Martin Guptill 5.6
Tom Latham 6
Brendon McCullum 7
Henry Nicholls 7.6
Corey Anderson 9
BJ Watling 9.6
Mark Craig 34

Top Aussie bat

Usman Khawaja 4.9
David Warner 4.6
Steve Smith 4.6
Joe Burns 7.2
Adam Voges 6.8
Mitchell Marsh 16.5
Peter Nevill 21

New Zealand ridiculously dependent on KW. Guptill paying less than Latham to top score, so it seems the market is putting a lot of stock in Guptill limited overs form. Craig good value at 34, Anderson poor value at 9.

David Warner looks like the best money for Aussie. He's too mindlessly aggressive to ever be dominated, so I don't think the wickets will have much effect on him. Might have some on Burns as well.

Flem274*

123/5
you ****ing pile on watling and craig for nz if they get inserted and the ball moves

if australia get sent in and it's not a troll top khawaja is decent value considering he just won't drive if he's unsure and nevill looks good value too

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I know it would be apt if Brendon didn't win either tosses in his final series...so it'll probably happen. But please do.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
btw after today the pitch will be flat AF.

would almost bat first tbh.
Yeah it will be, it'll be a belter with good pace and carry. I'd still bowl first. Even if they're 280 all out, not 150 all out, you should be ahead of the game. I'd be taking the advantage of the movement available.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah it will be, it'll be a belter with good pace and carry. I'd still bowl first. Even if they're 280 all out, not 150 all out, you should be ahead of the game. I'd be taking the advantage of the movement available.
true and we know the pitch won't deteriorate so batting last shouldn't be a problem.

Meh.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
true and we know the pitch won't deteriorate so batting last shouldn't be a problem.

Meh.
Absolutely right.

I don't know if it'll seam, they've left grass on it but I don't think it'll be moist underneath or be so furry that balls are going to jag all over the place. It's more one of those days where the bounce is at its most ideal, if it's a swinging day the ball will stay new etc. Doug might get a few to jag but the others aren't particularly guys who hit the strings, they do it through the air. I'd be excited about the fact it's going to come through with good pace and bounce, therefore you can toss it up a bit more and see if guys want to drive.

But if it doesn't feel like a swing day, that's a little bit concerning.