• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This is a right walloping. 3 poor shots, 3 wickets. To be fair to Ponting that ball would have beaten anyone.
Yeah, can't blame Ponting for his dismissal. Hayden, Hussey and especially Katich should be very disappointed though - it seemed as if they'd never encountered a bat-out-a-draw situation before in their lives.

tugga

Cricket Spectator
Watto to get a maiden test century. Clarke to score a double. Brett Lee to bif his way to a half century as does Haddin and White. Positive thinking boys.

irfan

State Captain
Frigginn Awessssssommmmmmme. Have never ever ever seen Australia play so ****e though. India absolutely rampant here, playing with so much confidence

inbox24

International Debutant
If Cam White scores a match winning triple hundred here, then I will retract my calls to have him dropped for the remainder of the series.

Until then, SCORE THAT MATCH WINNING TRIPLE HUNDRED YOU CRUNK.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
See what happens when Victorians get selected?! SEE?!?!
Agreed. Horrible selections this tour. I mean Cameron White FFS.

Better selections for the first test:

Hayden
Jaques
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Katich
Haddin
Clark
Johnson
Lee
Token "spinner"/Watson (seriously, we could have used Clarke and Katich to cover our spin)

For this test (assuming Jaques/Clark injured):

Hayden
Katich
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Watson
Haddin
Johnson
Lee
Noffke
Token "spinner"

At least we'd have Noffke to score our runs for us FFS. I mean who decided we were in desperate need of Victorians anyway? Whoever it was needs the sack.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Haha wow.

I think we can safely mark this one down as 1-0 for India.

Where to now for Australia? I'd look at bringing in Clark and Bollinger for Siddle and White, fitness permitting.

White's bowled far better than expected but I don't think the plan is working out. I'm not usually one to advocate wholesale changes mid-series, but Australia's attack has been simply dismal so far, aside from Johnson.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If Cam White scores a match winning triple hundred here, then I will retract my calls to have him dropped for the remainder of the series.

Until then, SCORE THAT MATCH WINNING TRIPLE HUNDRED YOU CRUNK.
Haha. I've had a feeling since before the game that White would make a significant contribution with the bat. Didn't do it in the first innings; it's on. :p

stephen

Haha wow.

Where to now for Australia? I'd look at bringing in Clark and Bollinger for Siddle and White, fitness permitting.

White's bowled far better than expected but I don't think the plan is working out. I'm not usually one to advocate wholesale changes mid-series, but Australia's attack has been simply dismal so far, aside from Johnson.
Noffke > Bollinger

Only reason Bollinger took more wickets last year is because Noffke generally only had to bowl one innings, except when he scored enough runs to force a second innings.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha wow.

Yeah, fully agree. I don't want to sound like a broken record but whilst White has done his job with the ball, the job Ponting has given him doesn't really justify a place in the eleven and Watson is bowling far too many overs as a result.

stephen

Yeah, fully agree. I don't want to sound like a broken record but whilst White has done his job with the ball, the job Ponting has given him doesn't really justify a place in the eleven and Watson is bowling far too many overs as a result.
I'm just assuming that Cricket Aus have decided to write this series off from the start and are using it to blood new players. Nothing else can explain the poor selections.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Noffke > Bollinger

Only reason Bollinger took more wickets last year is because Noffke generally only had to bowl one innings, except when he scored enough runs to force a second innings.
I'm not a big fan of Bollinger, but Noffke isn't in the squad so it's a moot point. I can also see the justification for keeping Siddle in for another chance, but I don't think he's bowled that well as a whole.

pup11

International Coach
So why couldn't our seam bowlers get that sort of seam movement?
Only Lee and Clark are the kind of bowlers who can pitch the ball up and seam it off the deck, otherwise Johnson, Watson, and Siddle are all bowlers who hit the deck hard and always target the short of good length area, obviously they aren't going to seam the ball from there, Lee has been **** with the ball on this tour and Clark hasn't played, so obviously there is no one left in the Aussie ranks then, who can make the ball move the way Sharma and Zaheer have.