• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know it's a joke, but I must continue to rolleyes you.

8-)
On a more serious note, it appears that Hopes would have well and truly cemented his spot in the ODI team and that Hodge must be sacrificed for Hussey. Hopes hasn't set a foot wrong since his recall.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Despite the good fortune early, India were generally the better team and deserved the win. Harbhajan and Kartik were really impressive, and put to bed the "middle overs have no impact on the result" theory you hear about ODIs a lot, by basically winning the match in that period.
Yeah excellent point really.

Alternatively, you can say Australia lost the game in the middle overs when they didn't get the wickets they needed. Considering India were only playing 6 batsman and Pathan, wickets in the middle overs would have restricted India to less than 260.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Its another amazing reaction of an Indian friend.

It would be wonderful if RP Singh bowled a good line and length even if the speed was lower. We are seeing how Pathan is bowling on his comeback. Even Zaheer is bowling below RP's pace. Who is more useful to the team in this series ?

Yes if RP could bowl consistently good line and length AND at higher speeds great otherwise lets stop looking at speed by itwelf as our magic-mantra to success.
Huh? Was just remarking that it is wonderful to see an Indian bowler get back to 90+ mph. No judgement beyond that whatsoever, either on RP or on any one else.

It's clear that speed alone is not sufficient or even desirable. Since, of the bunch that showed up at about the same time (Munaf, Sree, VRV and RP) the one that was supposed to be the fastest (VRV) turned out to be the most ordinary.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Huh? Was just remarking that it is wonderful to see an Indian bowler get back to 90+ mph. No judgement beyond that whatsoever, either on RP or on any one else.

It's clear that speed alone is not sufficient or even desirable. Since, of the bunch that showed up at about the same time (Munaf, Sree, VRV and RP) the one that was supposed to be the fastest (VRV) turned out to be the most ordinary.
Sorry I misunderstood.

A lot of posters here keep clamouring for pace championing bowlers who are ordinary in every other way. So mine was probably a reaction to that.

BTW, RP is a very good bowler even otherwise. So if he can bowl as he is capable of (line, length, consistency etc) then this speeed would be more than welcome. :)

pup11

International Coach
So one can say RP was wayward yesterday because he was trying to bowl too quickly :unsure: anyways i would still like to see him bowling fast because India could do well to have a quick bowler in their a bowling attack.
The speed of bowlers from both the sides has been on the rise through this series, Lee and Johnson have touched 150k mark pretty consistently and RP bowled in the high 140's yesterday and like of Hopes, Pathan and Zaheer have also touched the high 130's lot of times in this series.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Things that won't happen (or should not happen next game)

40 extras...ridiculous..
Unlucky decisions early on
Letting there batsmen kill us in the last 10 overs
Frequent fall of wickets... need a big partnership and then keep going on
Haddin should replace Hodge
Bracks to bowl better with more match fitness in India
Gilly is freaking due!

Lots to improve on the Aussies, which is a good sign as we were only two boundaries short

pup11

International Coach
Btw, why isn't Clarke bowling he bowled superbly well at Kochi but since that game he hasn't bowled an over, Symmo and Hodge have been dire with the ball (seriously what has happened to Symonds's bowling his bowling standard is rapidly falling down) so i think Ponting should have used Clarke a lot more with the ball in this series.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Actually Symo wasnt that bad... 7 overs 0/39.. was wondering, was he bowling offspin or medium pacers? didnt watch

Im having my worries with Midge as first change

but yea i do agree Pup should bowl more in India.. he can be a handful .. like a Sanath

hardnut

Cricket Spectator
Actually Symo wasnt that bad... 7 overs 0/39.. was wondering, was he bowling offspin or medium pacers? didnt watch

but yea i do agree Pup should bowl more in India.. he can be a handful .. like a Sanath
Matt pointed out Clarke seemed a bit proppy while batting in the third ODI, so maybe he has a slight twinge and can't bowl.

Johnson has looked dangerous with the new ball, but has looked pretty average in his second and third spells. Surprised he got the nod over Clark.

Mister Wright

Fantastic game last night, the best game of cricket I've watched all the way through in some time, and a great advertisment for the ODI format as well.

Some great individual performances, but I hope anyone who believed the crap Barry Richards was coming out with about Lee earlier in the series (Wright!) watched his spell yesterday, because it was as good as you'll see. Made Tendulkar look like an absolute novice and could have had him so many times it isn't funny.

Despite the good fortune early, India were generally the better team and deserved the win. Harbhajan and Kartik were really impressive, and put to bed the "middle overs have no impact on the result" theory you hear about ODIs a lot, by basically winning the match in that period.
I've got no problem with Lee as a ODI bowler, and have stated many times I feel he is Australia's best ODI bowler. So don't know where that one came from.

Mister Wright

Matt pointed out Clarke seemed a bit proppy while batting in the third ODI, so maybe he has a slight twinge and can't bowl.

Johnson has looked dangerous with the new ball, but has looked pretty average in his second and third spells. Surprised he got the nod over Clark.
Gotta love it when Clarke fails all the possible excuses under the sun come out. Batsmen don't score runs every time the get to the crease unless their last name is Hayden...:ph34r:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

He bowled off spin. Absolute pies, was lucky to end up with the figures he got really.