• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India

R_D

International Debutant
Johnson is improving with every outing though and gets 'better' wickets if that makes sense. IMO.
exactly.... While Clark bowled with great control in the last game but hardly looked like taking wickets where's Johnson looked so much more threating.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh:
hehe... he just couldn't take it that India beat Aus in 20/20. since than seems to gone on a Sreesanth hating spree and general negativeness towards India. One loss is done that to him.. what will happen if ever Aus is not the dominate team in future, they are at the moment... i dare say quite a few aussie supporters might just go crazy.
did he really ? He deserves to get a fine anyway.
But I'm sure Gilchrist will get away for his antics with the umpire.. typical.
Geez Symmonds is such a tosser.
hehehe.... its only 2 broken hearted aussie supporters talking about it. Just because Aus didn't win it, the format is crap because the best team didn't win it. Why do we even bother playing than just decide looking on paper who's the better team and hand them the cup at start of the series/ championships/world cup 8-)
All I can say is thank God you're not responding to an unwarranted generalisation against one country with a string of unwarranted generalisations against another...

R_D

International Debutant
Neither Cricinfo or Cricbuzz have any reporting regarding any fines being handed out, so I'd treat the report about Sreesanth alone being fined as unconfirmed and unlikely to be true, and keep your pants on.
Both of them deserve to get fines thou. But if Broad fines Sreesanth than he has to fine Gilchrist as well so you could see what sort dilemma Mr Broad was in.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
hehehe.... its only 2 broken hearted aussie supporters talking about it. Just because Aus didn't win it, the format is crap because the best team didn't win it. Why do we even bother playing than just decide looking on paper who's the better team and hand them the cup at start of the series/ championships/world cup 8-)
Yes, obviously people only started disliking 20:20 after Australia was knocked out. 8-)

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Both of them deserve to get fines thou. But if Broad fines Sreesanth than he has to fine Gilchrist as well so you could see what sort dilemma Mr Broad was in.
Yeah, Gilly should get fined as well. I'm saw Broad will attempt to do a fair job as always.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
I will laugh my ass off if India somehow manage to beat Australia in this series. Then people can shut up about how the best team always wins in ODI.
But if it happens, they'll most likely have proved themselves to be the better team. Best of seven ODIs is a hell of a lot more conclusive than one 20:20 match...

R_D

International Debutant
Yes, obviously people only started disliking 20:20 after Australia was knocked out. 8-)
I wasn't talking about not liking 20-20.
I was referring to the fact that few people are repeatedly saying 20-20 is bull**** because the best team didn't win it. There are flows in the format but to say this as reason for not liking the game borders more on not being able to handle Australia not winning the 20-20 cup .
From your post i know you're not one of those people.
So i probably should have made my post bit more clear i guess. Ii did mention 2 aussie supporter and you weren't one on that list :p

R_D

International Debutant
All I can say is thank God you're not responding to an unwarranted generalisation against one country with a string of unwarranted generalisations
I said quite a few aussie supporters might go bit over board if they start losing and i'd say i have been somewhat proven right.
I didn't say all aussie supporters by the way.. i know most of them seem pretty fair in general are good sport.

Last edited by a moderator:

pup11

International Coach
I was disappointed that the Aussies didn't win the T20 WC, but i am honest enough to agree that Australia didn't play good enough cricket in that tournament to win it.
Let me clear that i am not blasting apart the T20 format, though i am not a big fan of the format still i think its good fun and it has a place in international cricket but definitly not at the expense of Odi's and test matches.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I personally believe there is no such thing as the best T20 side in the world as the format is too unpredictable, and thus the side with the best cricketers won't win as much as in the other formats. It's a leveller, and that's probably why people enjoy it so much, as it provides great competition...but Gilchrist is right in saying the best side won't win as much as in Tests and ODIs. 50 over cricket is different and a better test of cricketing ability.
I disagree that there is no such thing as the best twenty20 side. Pakistan and India were clearly the standout teams shown by both teams good records. Preceding the final, India won all their games bar one which they got off to a flier (earlier reduced the opposition to a poor position too) in and lost thanks to a standout spell from Vettori. Pakistan on the other hand seemed to dominate most of their matches and appeared clear twenty20 veterans (even though they were not).

hardnut

Cricket Spectator
exactly.... While Clark bowled with great control in the last game but hardly looked like taking wickets where's Johnson looked so much more threating.
Sometimes bowling with control is what gets the wickets, as evidenced by the last game. Clark would probably consider himself unlucky to be dropped after bowling what was essentially a match winning spell.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Whoever is dropped will consider themselves unlucky. Lee was the only disappointing bowler, but he's been consistently (with Bracken) not only our best ODI bowler, but one of the very best ODI bowlers in the world. Add in his batting, and the importance of him getting some match-fitness before the Aussie summer and they're not going to drop him. So someone is going to be disappointed.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Harbhajan attacks Australia:

After the match Harbhajan was not laughing and said the Australians had shown themselves to be bad losers after their defeat to India in the semi-finals of the Twenty20 World Cup. "They clearly did not like that," Harbhajan said in the Sydney Morning Herald. "They are a very good cricket side, but that does not mean that they can do whatever they want to do.

"They say they play the game in the right spirit, but they don't in reality. There is nothing gentlemanly about the way they play."

After being dismissed by Michael Clarke in the 84-run loss, Harbhajan waited mid-pitch and pointed his bat. "I was responding to a lot of vulgar words that were said to me," he said. "I don't have any problem with chitchat on the field, so long as it is about the game. But when it is very personal and vulgar, that is not on. They think you cannot fight back and they do not like it when you do."

Symonds was also upset with Sreesanth:

Symonds, who hopes to get a mental edge over India before they tour Australia in December, said he was disappointed when Sreesanth attempted to run him out when he was going to speak to Brad Haddin. Dhoni told Sreesanth: "That is not the way you get the batsman out, you get him out some other way."

haroon510

International 12th Man
tentions are building up between these two teams.here is the link of the news..Harbajan singh complaining from aus team while symonds upset with Sreesanth's action.. here is the link

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/indvaus/content/current/story/313550.html

i have watched pervously indian team touring other countries or other teams touring india and i have never heard of the news like these... i have been watching this new indian team closely.. and it seams to me that now days indian team gets invlove in verbal actions more than playing cricket...

most recent one that i remember, Sreesanth vs inzi in pakistan. afridi vs anil kumbli.. pathan vs afridi and shoaib akhter during pakistan's tour, then india had south african tour.. andrew nel vs Sreesanth and then england tour... zaheer khan vs Kp.... Sreesanth vs KP.. Sreesanth vs england team... and now this one... i see the bad apple Sreesanth playing a big part in all of these...

i think sreesanth is trying to become shoaib akhter of india... performance wise he won't even hold a candle to shoaib but maybe charactor wise he might surpass him..

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Harbhajan attacks Australia:

After the match Harbhajan was not laughing and said the Australians had shown themselves to be bad losers after their defeat to India in the semi-finals of the Twenty20 World Cup. "They clearly did not like that," Harbhajan said in the Sydney Morning Herald. "They are a very good cricket side, but that does not mean that they can do whatever they want to do.

"They say they play the game in the right spirit, but they don't in reality. There is nothing gentlemanly about the way they play."

After being dismissed by Michael Clarke in the 84-run loss, Harbhajan waited mid-pitch and pointed his bat. "I was responding to a lot of vulgar words that were said to me," he said. "I don't have any problem with chitchat on the field, so long as it is about the game. But when it is very personal and vulgar, that is not on. They think you cannot fight back and they do not like it when you do."
[
:nopity:
Toughen up Harbhajan. If you think standing there like a goose waving your bat at people is the way to 'fight back' you need to get a clue.

Symonds was also upset with Sreesanth:

Symonds, who hopes to get a mental edge over India before they tour Australia in December, said he was disappointed when Sreesanth attempted to run him out when he was going to speak to Brad Haddin. Dhoni told Sreesanth: "That is not the way you get the batsman out, you get him out some other way."
I hope Symonds is just stirring the pot - Sreesanth didn't run him out, Dhoni made sure everyone got on with the game. If he's genuinely 'disappointed' that's a bit weak too.

hardnut

Cricket Spectator
Is this the same Harbhajan who got clean bowled by KP, and then refused to walk and told the bowler to "**** off"? Doesn't seem very gentlemanly to me either :laugh:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Why are the Indian players still talking about the Twenty20 World Championship? Seriously, get over it. No-one cares anymore.