• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India

The_Bunny

State Regular
aren't u speculating on what Sreesanth said as well, then?

And yeah, u don't need to be a genius to see what Symonds was saying when he was walking along with Sreesanth when he didn't need to as a non-striker and the stuff he was saying. And yes, having seen how he has behaved over his career, I can guess which way the probability lies.
I never even refered to whatever Sreesanth was saying, I dont know what he said (if anything) and speculation on the subject achives nothing, his actions where out of line though imo.

biased indian

International Coach
Yeah, I've said Gilly should get in trouble for talking to the umpire like that. I didn't see anything specific Symonds did that would, or even should get a fine. He had plenty to say, but unless it was racist (which would be unlikely), that's not a problem. Its not everyone's cup of tea, but its not against the rules either.
but he will walk with the bowler past the wicket and the umpire when bowler goes back to his run up......

i didnt knew why he was doing this and only to sreesanth he was doing this

pup11

International Coach
Sree Santh had an interview with a news channel before the 2nd Odi and in that interview he said how he loves to play his cricket in an aggressive manner and how when he plays cricket he forgets about the outer world and at that time he doesn't think who is watching him.
He said his aggression helps him a lot as a bowler and the only lose that he has to suffer due to his aggression on-field is the monetary loses (due to the cut in match-fees).

hardnut

Cricket Spectator
why chnage the team..

if at all u have to change
i think it should be bret lee form yesterdays performance..other wise johnson
Well the Australian selectors have a policy of rotating the team to a certain degree, to ensure if there are injuries someone else is ready to step into the team. Also Bracken has been one of our best ODI bowlers in the last couple of the years so it would be expected he would be brought back into the side at some stage. Finally I agree Lee was the worst bowler, I just suspect it will be Johnson who will be rested, but who knows how the selectors decide within the rotation policy.

pup11

International Coach
I hope Hilfy gets to play a few games, i won't want to see him as the water-boy through this series.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
why chnage the team..

if at all u have to change
i think it should be bret lee form yesterdays performance..other wise johnson
Along with Lee, Bracken is our best ODI bowler, so he should come back into the team when available. Johnson is better than Clark at this form of the game, regardless of whether Clark took more wickets this last match.

hardnut

Cricket Spectator
Johnson is better than Clark at this form of the game, regardless of whether Clark took more wickets this last match.
Possibly - there's not all that much in it at the moment. Clark has actually performed (statistically) better than Johnson this year, and it seems like he has improved quite a bit since his dismal 2006. Also he bowled very well at the T20, making me think he has learnt a bit about how to bowl to batsmen trying to take him apart.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Johnson is improving with every outing though and gets 'better' wickets if that makes sense. IMO.

hardnut

Cricket Spectator
Johnson is improving with every outing though and gets 'better' wickets if that makes sense. IMO.
I don't know that he is - he was great in the DLF cup and Champions Trophy last year, but his last half-a-dozen (or so) games haven't been all that impressive. Johnson is more likely to rip through a side though (eg England at Adelaide Oval last summer), but he's also more likely to go wicketless.

It will be interesting to see how the pecking order works out.

R_D

International Debutant
FFS this has to be one of the worsts posts ever.
:laugh:
hehe... he just couldn't take it that India beat Aus in 20/20. since than seems to gone on a Sreesanth hating spree and general negativeness towards India. One loss is done that to him.. what will happen if ever Aus is not the dominate team in future, they are at the moment... i dare say quite a few aussie supporters might just go crazy.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I will laugh my ass off if India somehow manage to beat Australia in this series. Then people can shut up about how the best team always wins in ODI.

R_D

International Debutant
I will laugh my ass off if India somehow manage to beat Australia in this series. Then people can shut up about how the best team always wins in ODI.
hehehe.... its only 2 broken hearted aussie supporters talking about it. Just because Aus didn't win it, the format is crap because the best team didn't win it. Why do we even bother playing than just decide looking on paper who's the better team and hand them the cup at start of the series/ championships/world cup 8-)

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
did he really ? He deserves to get a fine anyway.
But I'm sure Gilchrist will get away for his antics with the umpire.. typical.
Geez Symmonds is such a tosser.
Neither Cricinfo or Cricbuzz have any reporting regarding any fines being handed out, so I'd treat the report about Sreesanth alone being fined as unconfirmed and unlikely to be true, and keep your pants on.