• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India

biased indian

International Coach
Exactly

Irrelevant who started what, Aussies did nothing abnormal and once again Sreesanth completely lost the plot

The guy has gone from entertaining to complete jackass in a very short space of time.
i think Sreesanth also did nothing abnormal :) its his usual way

i was at satdium and i could say both sreesanth and symonds were equal prtners in crime.......

biased indian

International Coach
Symonds didnt really do anything and we can only speculate on what he said, unless you know what he was saying, do you?
as HB was saying he was after sreesanth all the while he was bowling and he walked up and down with him and it was out of this he made the run out attempt(was bad thing though) and he was pointing to the umpire that symnods was walking up and down all the time

The_Bunny

State Regular
as HB was saying he was after sreesanth all the while he was bowling and he walked up and down with him and it was out of this he made the run out attempt(was bad thing though) and he was pointing to the umpire that symnods was walking up and down all the time
I imagine things where said, but that happens all the time, and I doubt Symonds was specifically after Sreesanth.
Symonds is no angel, but it is still no excuse for how Sreesanth acted imo :)

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
I dunno abt others but I am not trying to defend Sree's actions at all. They were quite pathetic but so was Symonds'. And I, for one, at least don't find why how Sree reacted when getting Symonds' wicket was abnormal... I have seen it happen hundreds of times in the past. Bowlers giving batsmen who have been dismissed a bit of a send off happens all the time.
As I said in my earlier post, bowlers getting fined for advancing towards dismissed batsmen making aggressive motions happens all the time as well. If he'd stayed where he was, it would be one thing, but he closed the distance between him and Symonds. If Warne got fined for his send off of the South African bloke (who's name eludes me for the moment - Hudson?), then Sreesanth's send off should as well IMO.

biased indian

International Coach
As I said in my earlier post, bowlers getting fined for advancing towards dismissed batsmen making aggressive motions happens all the time as well. If he'd stayed where he was, it would be one thing, but he closed the distance between him and Symonds. If Warne got fined for his send off of the South African bloke (who's name eludes me for the moment - Hudson?), then Sreesanth's send off should as well IMO.
i think he was fined 30% of his match fee yesterday as well :)

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Hadn't caught up with that - fair enough.

EDIT: Can't find anything about that on Cricinfo - do you have a link?

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Its definitely not the case with a T20 game though, T20 WC final is one of the prime examples of that where Pakistan probably played better cricket than India through 70% of the game but in the end India still managed to pull off the victory.
How so? India's total was always going to be competitive considering the pressure of the final. I had India slight favourites at the innings break, and considering India started off extremely well with the ball, I think India were on top for most of the match until Misbah started blasting the ball everywhere.

I'm feeling dirty 'defending' 20/20 btw. :ph34r: I wish people bagging it would use legit reasons why the format is flawed.

biased indian

International Coach
Making an assumption there aren't you?

:p

Last edited by Matt79 : Today at 03:36 PM. Reason: Weird, this post is now above the post it was replying to...
i had accidently quoted my on post so i deleted and made it yours:cool:

by the time you had replyed :laugh:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Symonds didnt really do anything and we can only speculate on what he said, unless you know what he was saying, do you?
aren't u speculating on what Sreesanth said as well, then?

And yeah, u don't need to be a genius to see what Symonds was saying when he was walking along with Sreesanth when he didn't need to as a non-striker and the stuff he was saying. And yes, having seen how he has behaved over his career, I can guess which way the probability lies.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
What do people reckon about Dhoni playing for his fifty rather than pursuing an, admittedly, very unlikely win? It would have been a massive effort to pull it off, but he could have at least had a crack IMO. Better to go down firing and you never know, today we could be talking about the miracle at Cochin...

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
And yes, having seen how he has behaved over his career, I can guess which way the probability lies.
In that sentence, "he" could refer to Symonds or Sreesanth with equal probability. Although Symonds certainly hasn't been one of the worst behaved Aussies ON the field.

Almost certainly silly niggle on both sides, but unfortunately Sreesanth and Harby both then crossed the line into stuff that can and should get you into trouble.

biased indian

International Coach
What do people reckon about Dhoni playing for his fifty rather than pursuing an, admittedly, very unlikely win? It would have been a massive effort to pull it off, but he could have at least had a crack IMO. Better to go down firing and you never know, today we could be talking about the miracle at Cochin...
i was okay with it...i thought if he could bat out all 50 overs it would have benn some wht nice it was obvious Aus wanted to get us bowled out.

and by the time he tried to hit out the second ball he got out

biased indian

International Coach
In that sentence, "he" could refer to Symonds or Sreesanth with equal probability. Although Symonds certainly hasn't been one of the worst behaved Aussies ON the field.

Almost certainly silly niggle on both sides, but unfortunately Sreesanth and Harby both then crossed the line into stuff that can and should get you into trouble.
so did symonds and gilly..i would say
his press confrence was not that good.there was no need for him to say words like that

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
I suppose batting out the fifty would have been something, but once Harby was in, I reckon he needed to try and go for it.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
who said Sree shouldn't be fined? :)

I def. agree that he should be fined but Symonds deserves at least a rap on the knuckles (metaphorically, of course) for the way he behaved, which, IMO, was just as pathetic as Sreesanth and obviously, as u guyz will know, that is quite an achievement because Sree happens to be one of the most volatile guys in the sport right now.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
so did symonds and gilly..i would say
his press confrence was not that good.there was no need for him to say words like that
Yeah, I've said Gilly should get in trouble for talking to the umpire like that. I didn't see anything specific Symonds did that would, or even should get a fine. He had plenty to say, but unless it was racist (which would be unlikely), that's not a problem. Its not everyone's cup of tea, but its not against the rules either.

hardnut

Cricket Spectator
aren't u speculating on what Sreesanth said as well, then?

And yeah, u don't need to be a genius to see what Symonds was saying when he was walking along with Sreesanth when he didn't need to as a non-striker and the stuff he was saying. And yes, having seen how he has behaved over his career, I can guess which way the probability lies.
Hi HB, are queried you on this before, but maybe you didn't see my post so I'll ask again.

I didn't see the event so I'm just trying to sort out the order of things. In this post you seem to indicate that Sreesanth appealed for LBW to Haddin, the umpire said not out. Despite this, for some reason Sreesanth decided to appeal again and the umpire said not out again. Was it immediately after this he tried the unsportsmanlike run out?