• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India

pup11

International Coach
Mitchell Johnson is reverse-swinging the ball very well, that's also something he has added into his arsenal in off-season break, one thing is for sure Johnson has worked very hard on his bowling during the break.

pup11

International Coach
Australian selectors were confused as to whom to drop to accomodate Bracken in the XI, but Stuey Clark is making the decision easier for them by bowling length balls at this stage of the game.

pup11

International Coach
Johnson cleans up Yuvraj and it took a superb ball to dismiss him, great knock from Yuvraj and good to see Aussies also showing good sportsmanship by congratulating him.

The_Bunny

State Regular
Fantasic innings, fantastic delivery to dismiss him!
But really that knock was class, and if he had have been there till the end India would have gotten very close.

pup11

International Coach
Johnson is generating some serious heat and he seems to be getting better with every ball he is bowling at the international level.

pup11

International Coach
George (he is such an underrated spinner) gets another wicket Zak gone and Sree Santh comes to the crease.

pup11

International Coach
That's the end of that and again a comprehensive win for the Aussies, Man of the Match should be Yuvraj singh.

sideshowtim

Banned
That's the end of that and again a comprehensive win for the Aussies, Man of the Match should be Yuvraj singh.
Should be Andrew Symonds. Good innings sure, but it still wasn't enough to get India anywhere near Australia. You don't win MOM for softening an already large defeat.

The_Bunny

State Regular
Should be Andrew Symonds. Good innings sure, but it still wasn't enough to get India anywhere near Australia. You don't win MOM for softening an already large defeat.
Yeah Yuvraj played the better innings, but Symonds wasnt to shabby either, would have given it to Yuvraj myself but this is the way motm's seem to work :)

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Reckon Yuvraj was a bit stiff not to get MOM - it was a superb one man effort with the bat, plus he actually bowled reasonably well.

Be interested to see whether Clarke is revealed to have a strain or not - I definitely thought he did at the end of his innings, and him not bowling would seem to confirm it.

It will also be interesting to see whether they keep faith in Hodge or give Haddin another go. If Hodge is dropped here, with Symonds dominating the series so far, it would seem to put the issue of #6 for the 1st Test at the Gabba beyond doubt.

I thought Clark demonstrated why he's not a good enough ODI bowler to keep Bracken or Johnson out of the team - he can do an ok job during the middle overs, on a slow pitch, but he can't be bowled at the death, or even during a powerplay if the opposition were going well. I thought Johnson was very good again today - his final figures didn't quite reveal how well he did given he went for 13 off his last over as Harbajhan took some chances and got away with it.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
One thing that I don't understand is why, if Symonds will be pressing for selection as an allrounder for the Tests, he isn't bowling in this series so far. Or conversely why, if he is not trusted/preferred ahead of Clarke and even Hodge with the ball in an ODI, he is considered to be in the frame as a Test allrounder.

I'm sure Prince can resolve my confusion here! ;)

Laurrz

International Debutant
ahhhh **** YEA!!!!! no offence to the indians here but beating india in india feels just so damn good

anywayssss....

India ahve to win 4/4 to win the series.. Aussies need to win 2/4....

team for next game i reckon should be .....

In: Bracken
Out: Sarfraz

Faith in Hodgey

Laurrz

International Debutant
One thing that I don't understand is why, if Symonds will be pressing for selection as an allrounder for the Tests, he isn't bowling in this series so far. Or conversely why, if he is not trusted/preferred ahead of Clarke and even Hodge with the ball in an ODI, he is considered to be in the frame as a Test allrounder.

yea Roy should bowl again definately... i miss his really quick overs

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Yeah still out due to that hamstring injury.
No need to risk it if he's not 100% right.. got a huge couple months of cricket to play and we going to need him fit for test matches at least.
Actually not quite according to cricinfo

Cricinfo said:
Shah also said that Sourav Ganguly was fit for the third one-day international but was not picked for the match because he did not fit into the best team combination.
Seriously i think its pathetic, as we didn't win the last match or to the fact that we were never gonna win the first match, so what's the best team combination. Clearly we just look out of sorts without those 100 run partnership from Tendulkar and Ganguly.

Source: http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/indvaus/content/current/story/313774.html

Happy with kartik coming into the squad as i have seen him perform quite well of late, but can he contain the aussie fire power?

jammay123

State 12th Man
think australia should drop hodge and put haddin in. haddin must feel pissed. he has played quite well this series and hodge has batted horribly.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

It has finally been realised that his off spin is completely dire - Clarke is better at the spearing-in-flat role and Hodge is better at the semi-attacking flight/turn stuff. Symonds's spin can finally be put to bed.

And as much as I'm sure everyone realised just how much I like Symonds by now, I'll admit that his medium pace isn't bad. In fact, I'd even go as far to say it was under-rated, especially when he has conditions in his favour. One day matches on slow Indian pitches hardly suit this bowling though, so he hasn't bowled at all.

Just quietly though, I'm sure Ponting/Gilchrist would bowl Symonds more in these matches if Watson was fit. I'll leave it at that.