• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
What a stupid way to end a game lmao.

Perhaps Australia aren't as doomed as I've believed having watched them for the last five years in ODIs. They still need to drop Marnus, work out what the batting order is, drop Stoinis (at least as a batsman), and get Abbott into the side though. Since I don't think they'll do these things I don't think they'll get very far.

It's kind of hard to know what to make of India. The bowling looks... okay? But only okay. But the batting looked bizarrely terrible; they really made a complete meal of that chase at a tactical level, just choosing the completely wrong times and wrong bowlers to attack.
Batting lineup is basically set, marsh opening and Maxwell+green being injured just complicated things a bit. Based on this last game it'll be

1.Warner/Marsh
2.Head
3.Smith
4.Marsh/Warner
5.Carey
6.Green/Carey
7.Maxwell.

Marsh doing well hopefully means the selectors can't pick marnus anymore.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The stadium just looks awesome now that all stands have been renovated. Pretty pretty aerial shots with the Marina in the background too. ?

On the cricket, it was a really good ODI wicket coz it felt like there were phases when both batsmen and seamers and spinners were all dominant. And any wicket where 270 is a competitive/almost par score is usually a good ODI wicket IMO.

It is kinda sad that I am able to crack Australia's best ODI XI faster than India's. We need to figure out stuff way sooner for the WC.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The stadium just looks awesome now that all stands have been renovated. Pretty pretty aerial shots with the Marina in the background too. ?

On the cricket, it was a really good ODI wicket coz it felt like there were phases when both batsmen and seamers and spinners were all dominant. And any wicket where 270 is a competitive/almost par score is usually a good ODI wicket IMO.

It is kinda sad that I am able to crack Australia's best ODI XI faster than India's. We need to figure out stuff way sooner for the WC.
Is the Anna Pavilion End named after Ash Anna?

the big bambino

International Captain
I see people picking Warner at 4. But he’s a blaster at the top. Do people really think he has the all round game for 4? Kind of thinking if you are moving him down you may as well move him out.

Spark

Global Moderator
I see people picking Warner at 4. But he’s a blaster at the top. Do people really think he has the all round game for 4? Kind of thinking if you are moving him down you may as well move him out.
He isn't really a blaster any more though is he? His LO success in the last few years is actually more built around his game sense and fitness, pushing tons of quick singles and twos and the odd boundary here and there, rather than all-out attack as he was in his pomp years.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Aus will play 1 more ODI series against IND this year before ODI WC . Then after ODI WC they will play 3 match T20 series

Sunil1z

International Regular
IND have lost 6 ODI series at home since 2007 ODI WC.

4 to AUS (07,09,19,23)
1 to PAK (2012)
1 to SA (2015)

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't think India should be too upset at the series loss either. Pant and bumrah missing is obviously huge, but I feel like Iyer hasnt been spoken about as much. India win this series if he's fit and playing over sky IMO.

the big bambino

International Captain
He isn't really a blaster any more though is he? His LO success in the last few years is actually more built around his game sense and fitness, pushing tons of quick singles and twos and the odd boundary here and there, rather than all-out attack as he was in his pomp years.
His SR in recent years has been pretty consistent with the rest of his career irrespective of his methods. But he's done all his work at the top of the order. He might be able to play that sort of game at the top and keep his scoring at an acceptable rate but it'll be harder in the middle.

Spark

Global Moderator
His SR in recent years has been pretty consistent with the rest of his career irrespective of his methods. But he's done all his work at the top of the order. He might be able to play that sort of game at the top and keep his scoring at an acceptable rate but it'll be harder in the middle.
Right but my point is that his mode of scoring in recent years is much more transferrable to the middle order than he was at the beginning of his career. I don't think it'll be too much a concern so long as he doesn't fall off the wagon completely.

And to be fair to Warner I think at this stage he realises that if he's too stubborn about something like that, he's far more likely to get the tap on the shoulder.

halba

International 12th Man
India’s problem is lack of great batsmen. We haven’t produced any great batsmen since Rohit/Kohli . Basically a decade without any great young batsmen. Now it is showing in results and it will continue to show in future.
Yep no quality batsmen produced. Before that Tendulkar, sehwag, Ganguly, Yuvraj, Dhoni, basically the entire lineup was stacked with big hitting star power. Now you have flops like SKY who can't even put bat on ball

Last edited:

halba

International 12th Man
Zampa continues showing why he is the best spinner in odis right now
And best limited overs leg spinner (out of all countries) since Shane Warne. and the only leg spin bowler in ODI in the world right now. Hogg was a Chinaman bowler like Kuldeep.