• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
This is why batting 1st on a road doesn't mean you are safe, even after a big score! Teams time and time again who bat 1st end up batting last too. 3rd innings becomes the real danger innings.

If India bat almost/all day tomorrow, I wonder if Australia will lose their **** and implode on day 5?

Howe_zat

Audio File
God it’s horrendous when commentators propose teams do things which they would never have contemplated themselves. Shastri suggesting India declare behind in a decider when they’re 2-1 up “to open up the game” is the sort of crap that’s so ridiculous he should be euthanised for uttering it
Shastri of course famous for 'opening up the game' as a player. Strike rate of 36 with the bat and 104.3 with the ball. If he bowled to himself for 90 overs, a day's play would be 194/5.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
God it’s horrendous when commentators propose teams do things which they would never have contemplated themselves. Shastri suggesting India declare behind in a decider when they’re 2-1 up “to open up the game” is the sort of crap that’s so ridiculous he should be euthanised for uttering it
I wonder if the younger fans when listening to Mr Excitable are aware that Shastri was one of the least exciting players in an era with fierce competition from the likes of Tavaré and Dyson. A Cricinfo article summed it up appropriately 'if he could have bowled at himself, cricket would have died'.

The_CricketUmpire

U19 Captain
Shastri of course famous for 'opening up the game' as a player. Strike rate of 36 with the bat and 104.3 with the ball. If he bowled to himself for 90 overs, a day's play would be 194/5.
How do you know Shastri's strike rate is 36? It's not listed for Test cricket, only for ODI cricket (61.07).

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
I wonder if the younger fans when listening to Mr Excitable are aware that Shastri was one of the least exciting players in an era with fierce competition from the likes of Tavaré and Dyson. A Cricinfo article summed it up appropriately 'if he could have bowled at himself, cricket would have died'.
Bob Taylor still the most boring player of all time. Test SR of 27 and ODI SR of 41.

Raz0r6ack

U19 12th Man
@Shri you were a bit gun shy at predicting a Kohli double hundred last night after predicting a Khawaja double ton.

How many will Kohli end up with tomorrow?

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd still rather be the team that's 190 in front. Cool your jets time tbh
I have been suggesting this since end of day 1 and it's panning out like that. Ranchi 2017. And I would rather be India right now than Australia and bookies absolutely agree.

4 wickets fell on day 1
6 wickets fell on day 2 (lower order)
3 wickets fell on day 3

And you are hoping for 7 wickets to fall in 0.5 day when the pitch hasn't deteriorated too much? and it won't be too bad either on day 5. And India bats very deep, even Shami and Yadav can bat. Only an implosion either way is going to bring a result. And India will have to implode twice in 2 days. Australia only have to implode once -which is far more likely (in comparison to India imploding twice) if series result also is a foregone conclusion.

I would say-

Draw 75%
India 20%
Australia 5%

Last edited:

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
I have been suggesting this since end of day 1 and it's panning out like that. Ranchi 2017. And I would rather be India right now than Australia and bookies absolutely agree.

4 wickets fell on day 1
6 wickets fell on day 2 (lower order)
3 wickets fell on day 3

And you are hoping for 7 wickets to fall in 0.5 day when the pitch hasn't deteriorated too much? and it won't be too bad either on day 5. And India bats very deep, even Shami and Yadav can bat. Only an implosion either way is going to bring a result. And India will have to implode twice in 2 days. Australia only have to implode once -which is far more likely (in comparison to India imploding twice) if series result also is a foregone conclusion.

I would say-

Draw 75%
India 20%
Australia 5%
Bookies-

Draw 1.25 (which is like 80%)
India 6+ (which is around 15%)
Australia 15 (which is like 5-6%)

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
someone thought i was australian

sorry guys, gonna quit the forum
I know you are not Australian. But I don't want to even imagine something that is not gonna happen on this road.

Best case for Australia-

Bowl India out by tea / post-tea on similar total.

Bat 2 sessions till around lunch on day 5.

Set India 220-240 in 50-55 overs.