• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Think Oz 6 & 7 bats have got 1 half-century between them in last 9 Tests. Might be still same amount of half-centuries after a baker's dozen of Tests by end of this series.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You don't think he would have become as good a player in the England system? I don't think it's that bad tbf
I wasn't meaning that. But that's probably true as well.

If he was this good playing for probably Yorkshire, he'd be another year or so away from possible selection. Jennings only picked because of injuries. Hameed because other options were exhausted. That is one thing Australia does a lot better than England - they see a young guy with something about him and they back him and give him a run. With England it's almost a last resort.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain

If he was this good playing for probably Yorkshire, he'd be another year or so away from possible selection. Jennings only picked because of injuries. Hameed because other options were exhausted. That is one thing Australia does a lot better than England - they see a young guy with something about him and they back him and give him a run. With England it's almost a last resort.
Duckett (didn't work)?

adub

International Captain

Nah, before Hobart it was almost the total opposite (unless your name is Marsh)