• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
It's because australias spinners have given very little away tbh. Have rarely dropped short and aren't bowling at a pace where Indias batsmen can get down the track to them.

They've both bowled really well so far. Deserve a lot of credit for it. Most Aussies thought going in that Starc and Haze would have to do a lot of bowling to keep the run rate down, but the spinners have been amazing.
Been helped by the conditions also. Lyon getting plenty of bounce on this pitch, not too slow etc, which I think suits them more than a lot of surfaces you could get in this part of the world. But yeah great preparation and so on. As good as Lyon has ever bowled and I can't remember two Australian spinners playing together and being so hard to get away. Normally when Australian spinners take wickets in India they are still conceding a lot of runs and struggling with aggressive batting and so on. They really just seem thoroughly on top.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I do think he hit that but it's a surprisingly confident decision for the third umpire to make. Normally I'd expect a benefit of the doubt type call there given how close bat and pad were and the lack of hotspot.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How does the comm think that was not out? Anyways, been watching this at the SCC, I'm about 4 beers deep and it's only 6pm. There's a few Australians here and I really want to punch them.