• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
marc71178 said:
Great bowling interspersed with a lot of tripe.

The great bowlers (ie Warne, McGrath) don't have the tripe.
Bar his opening spell, Lee has been superb this game. Absolutely brilliant.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Only one person cannot give credit for the delivery - why am I not surprised.
SP's not entirely wrong though. Even the C4 commentators eventually latched onto the fact that Vaughan & Pietersen played poor shots to get out. It doesn't mean the bowling wasn't good, but you expect that at this level. By the same token, you expect batsmen to work out that if they could see off Warne, there were lots of runs to be had elsewhere.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
I for one will be well pleased when this flaming series is over, because frankly the mindless whining and ranting that has been coming from what now seems to be the MAJORITY of Australian fans on this forum is, quite frankly, pathetic. You moaning bunch of mardarses.
I for one will be well pleased when this flaming series is over, because frankly the mindless gloating and intolerable arrogance that has been coming from now seems to be the MAJORITY of English fans on this form is, quite frankly, pathetic. You ****y bunch of mardarses (mardarses?!).

For every Shane Warne on our side I'll see you a Matty1818 on yours. And yes, both are quite annoying.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
social said:
Absolutely correct.
Which made me laugh when Harmison hit the first of the 3 boundaries in a row and Geoffrey said "It's an insult to great bowlers to be hit away to the boundary like that"

Yes, if it had been McGrath or Warne it would've been an insult.

Slow Love™

International Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:
I for one will be well pleased when this flaming series is over, because frankly the mindless gloating and intolerable arrogance that has been coming from now seems to be the MAJORITY of English fans on this form is, quite frankly, pathetic. You ****y bunch of mardarses (mardarses?!).
I'd like a clarification on this "mardarses" term, also. :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
FaaipDeOiad said:
And of course in the past few years, we've seen none of that from Australians on here have we?

No, we've not had people claiming that NSW would beat any Test side except Australia...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
marc71178 said:
That's the way Hoggard plays - he picks the line and if it's outside that, it's outside his bat.
Not just Hoggard though.

And I`ve never seen him do it that often before.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
And of course in the past few years, we've seen none of that from Australians on here have we?

No, we've not had people claiming that NSW would beat any Test side except Australia...
There's a bit of a difference, in my opinion, between rating your own team highly and baiting the opposition by claiming that theirs are crap. Australian fans obviously had every right to think their team was good because, well, they were and they beat everybody else. Likewise English fans have every right to be pleased at their performance in this series, and Australian fans have every right to be upset at their own performance and frustrated by the umpiring and so on. Some people on both sides have taken it too far, but I wasn't actually claiming that the English fans have been particularly terrible on here (as I don't think they have for the most part), merely copying Eddie's post with an attack of equivalent validity.

Slow Love™

International Captain
For those watching this on SBS - did anybody see what happened just now with Deano expressing his opinion of the umpiring? He was talking about how the standard now still wasn't as poor as it was in some of the places he'd played before. He started of "Like when I played in Pakistan...."

Suddenly, there was a loud *cough* off camera.

He then completely changed the subject. Hysterical!

Linda

International Vice-Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:

For every Shane Warne on our side I'll see you a Matty1818 on yours. And yes, both are quite annoying.
Amen to that.