• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Asia Cup 2023

Owzat

U19 Captain
Rain ruined a possible classic.
and the ridiculous scenarios the people in charge manufacture, India near bat their 50 and rain stops Pakistan batting at all. I don't expect them to know exactly how many overs will be possible, but they do get forecasts and surely more sensible to play say 25-30 overs a side when rain is likely to take out large chunks than aim for 50 a side which is never going to happen

I'm sure the spectators would rather see a match than a batting exhibition, this happens far too often and someone ought to earn their pay, formulate something by taking rain forecasts and say "ok we're likely to lose 50% of the match time, let's lose 60% of the overs try and make sure we get a contest....

Would be a bit annoying if they batted 20 a side and could have managed 25 but unlikely if even contemplating reducing the overs. and why not say 30 vs 20? Well if both sides set out batting the same overs it is far fairer than adjusted chases

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yep, good to see that they are pushing Miraz to open the batting. He opened on a few occasions, previously with Sabbir Rahman

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
and the ridiculous scenarios the people in charge manufacture, India near bat their 50 and rain stops Pakistan batting at all. I don't expect them to know exactly how many overs will be possible, but they do get forecasts and surely more sensible to play say 25-30 overs a side when rain is likely to take out large chunks than aim for 50 a side which is never going to happen

I'm sure the spectators would rather see a match than a batting exhibition, this happens far too often and someone ought to earn their pay, formulate something by taking rain forecasts and say "ok we're likely to lose 50% of the match time, let's lose 60% of the overs try and make sure we get a contest....

Would be a bit annoying if they batted 20 a side and could have managed 25 but unlikely if even contemplating reducing the overs. and why not say 30 vs 20? Well if both sides set out batting the same overs it is far fairer than adjusted chases
Weather forecasts are voodoo. You can't make restrict the game to a T20 because you think it'll rain later, because one day it won't rain later.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Don't mind that but the other guys opening don't look very technically solid.
Yeah they suck.

Mahmudullah as a #7 at venues outside Bangladesh would be a dinosuar ploy, but Mahmudullah at #3 might not be that dumb.

Last edited:

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Mehidy Hasan Miraz open innings only 2nd time in his ODI career hits Fine 50*

BD 132/2 off Half way

shanto 36*

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like we need 350 but will be able to score 300 only. I dont know what Afif is doing at no.8 as he wont bowl. Nasum could have been better option. This team is over loaded with batsmen

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looks like we need 350 but will be able to score 300 only. I dont know what Afif is doing at no.8 as he wont bowl. Nasum could have been better option. This team is over loaded with batsmen
Unless Afghan openers score 200+, BD should win