• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Asia Cup 2004 Thread

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
^ Aaah i was thinkin the same thing Marc.. Rafique was bowling in his 10.2 over.. hmm probably was from half asleep De Silva's end ..

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Anil Kumble just became Indias leading wicket taker in ODIS for India with 316 wickets... Good Stuff from the hard working campaigner ! he truly deserves it *clap* *clap*

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
End of Match

India - 260/6 in 50 overs
UAE - 144 A.O in 35 overs
India Win by 116 runs

R.Dravid - 104 in 93 balls
S Ganguly 56 in 102 balls

3 wickets for Pathan , 3 for Tendulkar , 2 for Balaji , 1 each for Kumble and Khan

Getting tired at this stage ( me that is ) thank god tendulkar finished it off because i was having a serious case of sleep deprivation !!
Suprisingly Bangladesh won with the same margin against Hong Kong by 116 runs , Hmmmmmm ...!

Anyway good win for the Indian team , expected ofcourse ...

Tomorrows match will be good too Bangladesh vs Pakistan , im hoping for an upset here .. and then lookout for the cry of match fixing following that.,..

GermanShepherd

School Boy/Girl Captain
I believe India need to consider changing the seven batsmen 4 bowler formula
-- personally I think by Dropping Kaif and including Ramesh Powar at seven, the lineup becomes more flexible.
Powar is a genuine allrounder -- probably the only decent one in Indian cricket and he deserves a shot at the highest level.
He's also a pretty good fielder.

Tony Blade

U19 Cricketer
Farhat gone, 86/1
Decent start. Farhat struggled with timing, ball beating the outside edge a few times. Hameed looking solid, Malik coming at No. 3 for some reason :O

arjwiz

School Boy/Girl Captain
GermanShepherd said:
I believe India need to consider changing the seven batsmen 4 bowler formula
-- personally I think by Dropping Kaif and including Ramesh Powar at seven, the lineup becomes more flexible.
Powar is a genuine allrounder -- probably the only decent one in Indian cricket and he deserves a shot at the highest level.
He's also a pretty good fielder.

Powar is absolutely ordinary. Even Ganguly bowls better than him, yet Ganguly rarely bowls. Even Harbhajan bats better than him, yet he rarely gets a decent opportunity. As for fielding, his throwing is such utter rubbish, even Ganguly fields better than him.

Powar surely doesn't deserve a place in the Indian team. Not ahead of Agarkar or Badani, or even Rohan Gavaskar.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Hameed is one of my favourite cricketers... so im very glad to see him get his century!!!! one of the stars of the future i reckon, one of the best pakistani batsmen at the mo as well.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sri Lanka struggling a bit against UAE, 181/6 after 38.3

Gunawardene going well though, 65* for him so far.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Powar is absolutely ordinary. Even Ganguly bowls better than him, yet Ganguly rarely bowls. Even Harbhajan bats better than him, yet he rarely gets a decent opportunity. As for fielding, his throwing is such utter rubbish, even Ganguly fields better than him.

Powar surely doesn't deserve a place in the Indian team. Not ahead of Agarkar or Badani, or even Rohan Gavaskar.
Rubbish, rubbish, rubbish. Have you seen him in action any time?

He is a clever bowler. He may not get much turn, but he varies his pace, line and length. He draws the batsmen forward and makes them play- Harbhajan and Karthik have been bowling negatively in the recent past. Besides, what can you say about a bowler who has just bowled 4 overs in one match and 6 in another? On the other hand, Ganguly and Tendulkar have been bowling rubbish- absolute rubbish, even when they got more overs than him.

His batting is competitive. Agarkar, the most over-hyped so-called all-rounder has shown no application as a batsman, but Powar, in two innings, has applied himself rather well. He is a player ready for a big match. He can take any challenge, as that innings in Rawalpindi showed. If Balaji stayed on, the Indians could have won that match. And what great thing have other bowlers done with the bat? Time and again, we find the bowlers contribute next to nothing and the team lose a winnable match. Powar's hard-hitting and intelligence in building an innings has rescued the Mumbai side from many a tough spot, so why not try him out at a higher level?

His fielding is not as bad as you say it is. He throws himself around very often- when have the experienced Indian players ever put in so much effort? Ganguly can't field at all- anyone, even Stef Harmison can field better. He may look bulky, but he's a far better fielder.

His batting average is 35 and bowling average, 28. Why is he never picked? We see experts complain endlessly about the lack of a genuine all-rounder, and we see Agarkar and Bangar as examples. Are they really looking for all-rounders? Powar and JP Yadav are the only genuine all-rounders, but they never get picked. With Powar, you get good balance- he supports the batsmen at the top and bowls like a strike bowler. The Indians would be a far better ODI team if he played.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Gah! :confused:

India won by 116 runs.
Bangladesh won by 116 runs.
Sri Lanka won by 116 runs.

Conspiracy I tell you... :p

NikhilN

International Regular
this is so funny...3/4 matches were won by 116 runs...this is so funny...first time in history this has happen I think