• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Airtel Twenty20 Champions League 2009

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh oh ola oh ola oh ola oh oh...tell me that doesn't put you to sleep by the repeated playback...

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Amazed Taylor's T20 batting record is so far better than any of the other Bangalore players in absolutely every respect from average to strike-rate to 6s hit, not sure why they continuously bat him so low, they do want to win don't they ? I assume it's that they see him as a finisher.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Amazed Taylor's T20 batting record is so far better than any of the other Bangalore players in absolutely every respect from average to strike-rate to 6s hit, not sure why they continuously bat him so low, they do want to win don't they ? I assume it's that they see him as a finisher.
Good point, he hasn't done a thing wrong to the end of his IPL season with them but can't get a better position.

Zinzan

Without wishing to rubbish them, you'd have to say Otago's performances were a tad embarrassing from the perspective of them being NZ's sole representation Not sure it was totally due to lack of ability, but more a case of them freezing on the big stage & the fact many would've played in Indian conditions before. Disappointing showing none-the-less, hardly fired a shot.

Flem274*

123/5
Was definitely disappointed. They're pretty decent on paper but didn't back it up.

Stage firght maybe, but they did have McCullum, Cumming, Redmond, Broom, N McCullum and Butler, who have all seen a crowd before.

manisingh

Cricket Spectator
Victoria bushranger want to seal super eight stage today

Confident Victoria Bushrangers will look to assuring their place among the Super Eight teams when they take on Wayamba Eleven in the Champions League T20 cricket at the Ferozeshah Kotla stadium.
While Bushrangers are on a high after beating local favourites Delhi Daredevils in their opening match, Wayamba were handed a crushing defeat by the same side last night. Led by all-rounder Cameron White, Victoria put up a thoroughly clinical performance in their opening match. Victoria has a solid batting line-up starting with Australia international Brad Hodge, who would look to strike form after coming a cropper against Daredevils.

GGG

State Captain
Was Taylor signed on a 2 year contract? All I remember is he was a late signing. I am guessing if he is free after this tournament he is going to get huge offers.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Now, this will sound so stupid, after all my Twenty20 bashing, but damn I'm excited about tonight! An Australian team is playing, and I really want to see Holland, and White and Hussey carving them up. I think I'm going crazy, but I can't believe I'm taking a slight liking to Twenty20. Watched the first innings last night. Scoop shots and the like frustrate the hell out of me, and reverse sweeps etc, but seeing them play proper cricket shots, and fours and sixes past the bowler etc, are good.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If they'd not lost so few wickets he'd have come in earlier obviously. He's clearly better in the late overs unless it's a particularly flat pitch.

The Kiwi logic of having a batsman who can actually perform so lets immediately shove him up the order regardless baffles me somewhat.

He's so obviously a number 5/6 type batsman. Every statistic and the way he plays point to it.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Now, this will sound so stupid, after all my Twenty20 bashing, but damn I'm excited about tonight! An Australian team is playing, and I really want to see Holland, and White and Hussey carving them up. I think I'm going crazy, but I can't believe I'm taking a slight liking to Twenty20. Watched the first innings last night. Scoop shots and the like frustrate the hell out of me, and reverse sweeps etc, but seeing them play proper cricket shots, and fours and sixes past the bowler etc, are good.
lmfao

:laugh::laugh:

pasag

RTDAS
Great to see Bangalore go through. Whenever they do poorly you have a whole heap of people jumping to call them a crap side, but as they showed last season in the IPL, they really can match it with the best.

Zinzan

If they'd not lost so few wickets he'd have come in earlier obviously. He's clearly better in the late overs unless it's a particularly flat pitch.

The Kiwi logic of having a batsman who can actually perform so lets immediately shove him up the order regardless baffles me somewhat.

He's so obviously a number 5/6 type batsman. Every statistic and the way he plays point to it.
Would agree entirely with all of that if we were talking 50 over cricket. But in T20's, 4 or even as high as 3 (if they didn't lose a wicket in say the 1st 8 overs) would be fine for Taylor because ideally you'd want him to bat for a least 10 overs.