• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2024 Women's T20 World Cup thread

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I am backing SA in the final after their heart break 4 months ago .
Nah, windies winning this one.
@SillyCowCorner1
Bates, Devine, and Tahuhu can retire as world champs as they pass the baton on to Melie Kerr and co. Perfect ending with Katey Martin calling it in the commentary. It would be wonderful after 2-3 years of terrible results and years of heartbreak preceding that.

Spark

Global Moderator
What's that? Australia messing around with the batting order led the batting depth in the team being wasted (Litchfield at 6???) and the bowling was increasingly inconsistent?

If only someone had warned about this for the last two years...

Spark

Global Moderator
Think they'd have been better off not running her out. Litchfield brought energy to the last 3 overs and Aus now look to have a half decent total.
I seriously can't get over this. We have lower order sloggers batting in two of the most important positions in T20 cricket (#1 and #3) and striking sub-100 in the powerplay, meanwhile we have a generational batting talent at #6 and basically wasted.

This has been seriously coming for a while. It's no surprise to me at all that team management's ****ery and overthinking has backfired in a big game.

RMBolton

U19 Debutant
Bates, Devine, and Tahuhu can retire as world champs as they pass the baton on to Melie Kerr and co. Perfect ending with Katey Martin calling it in the commentary. It would be wonderful after 2-3 years of terrible results and years of heartbreak preceding that.
"Suzie Bates & Sophie Devine lift the trophy together! They have waited 15 years for this moment, having played together in the first two T20WC Finals & having fallen at the last hurdle both times.
This was as much of an underdog story as it gets - they were written off, no one gave them a chance, we all talked about them losing 10 in a row & winning 1/13 this year before this T20WC, but since stunning India in their opening game the pathway has been here, there has been hope.
15 years of ghosts have been banished, & New Zealand is victorious!"

And yeah, if this somehow happened, Marty is the perfect one to call it. She's been there all the way.

Which fairytale ending will we get? South Africa getting their first World Cup? The Windies getting their second? Or NZ completing this weird arc?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All of the Big 3 knocked out before the final. That's a bit of a turn-up.

Seriously huge choke from Australia though. After England and India were knocked out there was one hand on the trophy.....

King Kane

International Debutant
I was pleasantly surprised when I woke up this morning and saw that the South African girls had knocked off the all conquering Australian team.

It's nice that someone other than Australia will win a World Cup, hopefully it's NZ but I would be happy to see South Africa or the West Indies win it too.