• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the SWALEC Stadium

The West Indies would've been feeling pretty foolish for not thinking to do that when he was on 0 I reckon.

Look, he clearly can be exploited with his movement to the onside. Doesn't change the fact he's been in pretty good form and you've had to be pretty spot on with your planning, or he's had to have been at the wicket for a number of hours first. England may well nail him on it this series.

Picking an innings where he scored 199 and saying his movement to off was an issue is a bit silly though...how many times did he move across the stumps in exactly this fashion and whip it away through square leg/midwicket in the 8 hours he was at the crease before this happened?
That is why an unorthodox leg side field setting should be implemented.

Oh look, a leg slip and a short leg to Smith from Broad. Needs a silly mid on. Look out for the in swinger.

I can imagine why Ali is on - I can imagine why there is a leg gully and a wide silly mid on/ very short mid wicket as well as a normal mid on when S Smith is on strike to Ali.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Been excellent this morning England.

This is great viewing from a neutrals perspective. Really interested in how Smith goes.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
After years of putting everyone back as soon as a 4 was hit and looking completely confounded when Plan A failed, Cook has suddenly developed a feel for interesting field placements. Wonder what this revelation has coincided with...