• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai, 05 - 09 Feb 2021

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Why do you need that third spinner again? You'll have to switch too many bowlers too many times to get them all enough.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Why do you need that third spinner again? You'll have to switch too many bowlers too many times to get them all enough.
I suppose a theory could be that it preserves the quicks energy, and stops them unnecessarily bowling 4/5 spells in a day (e.g Bumrah). But that obviously depends if your spinners get into rhythm quickly.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
No pace off the surface is exactly why you needed a leggie who can put more revs on the ball and get zip and bounce off the wicket.

Red_Ink_Squid

Global Moderator
Can't watch today sadly, but seems these two are playing sensibly so far.

Re: the Indian team selection, I expect they wanted an orthodox left arm spinner in the XI because Root was the only England player who could play Embuldeniya in the previous series.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah NZ would much rather play India or England than facing Australia regardless of the venue.
dunno I'd fancy most bowling attacks with a duke at Lords against the current Aus batting lineup. You need 2 good balls.

Shri

Mr. Glass
not convinced by our tactics here

never been a fan of this angle to the right handers from offies and it looks especially ugly and stupid when it doesn't work

Shri

Mr. Glass
axar could have given us similar overs plus better batting

kuldeep would have been a better choice than both

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Back to back 50's for sibley, was a bit concerned about his game vs spin after the 1st sri Lanka tests but he looks like he's found a solid game plan.