• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Walsh with zero impact from the back across the series wasn't what I was expecting at the start of all this. Thought Ponga would do something when he came on too.

Cherry-Evans outed as the pretender he is.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lot of credit to Madge for his interchange with Watson. I thought he’d left it too late when Robson gave away what were obviously back to back fatigue penalties, but he nailed it.

Burgey

Fantastic for Angus Crichton and thoroughly deserved. It’s great to see the way the game is played these days rewarding old school, hard working back rowers instead of the massive wide running, low work rate second rowers it did a few years back. Blokes like Crichton, Liam Martin, Nanai and Carrigan are the elite of their positions for a reason.

Coronis

International Coach
Walsh with zero impact from the back across.the series wasn't what I was expecting at the start of all this. Thought Ponga would do something when he came on too.

Cherry-Evans outed as the pretender he is.
Yeah I’m not sure if anyone thought Connor Watson would have more impact than Ponga.

Shoutout to Carrigan - lead the Maroons in meters and tackles.

Trbojevic’s jersey looked so clean at the end. His biggest contribution to the series was probably allowing Yeo to play less minutes and be fresher and even more effective.

Son Of Coco

If I can just pause for a moment to reflect on QLD's efforts in Game 1...

It's a testament to how far they played above their ability to beat us in that game, even if it did take until the 65th minute to break away against 12 men.

Looking back now, I would suggest that NSW having anywhere from 8 to 10 players on the field would typically produce a fairly even contest. If we had 7 or less, I would normally expect QLD to get up fairly easily by between 1 and 3 points.

morgieb

Fantastic for Angus Crichton and thoroughly deserved. It’s great to see the way the game is played these days rewarding old school, hard working back rowers instead of the massive wide running, low work rate second rowers it did a few years back. Blokes like Crichton, Liam Martin, Nanai and Carrigan are the elite of their positions for a reason.
Hell of a turnaround too, given he was on the outer after a poor 2023 and had a lot of off-field rumours spiralling, it felt like he was counting down the days until he started playing union. Instead he's now probably the back-rower of 2024.

Son Of Coco

Btw, I am from NSW but live in Queensland so win either way

But I do prefer it when Joey has a cry after a Blues loss
QLD have a few suspects for that role in the next few days. What can I hear Gordie on?

And you're not saying you have become a QLDer after.moving from NSW I hope?

the big bambino

International Captain
The blues defence was awesome. Intense for 80 minutes. Bent them backwards and sideways all night. Yeo was incredible and made so much ground up the middle. Edwards unique style of making ground up the middle for a full back was quite the contrast to Walsh running sideways like a dog behind a picket fence looking for a gap. NSW clearly lucky to have as good a half as Moses to replace the injured Cleary. A danger running and kicking. Bradman Best is a beast. He can break a line and it was a pity his handling was clumsy tonight. He only just dragged in the Luai pass to score.

For Qld, I like Dearden. Absolute stones and origin is his style of footy. But I wonder if he can play a Hunt like utility role going forward because I think Mam is a game buster at five eighth. Not sure who they can bring in for their forwards who were out played by the likes of Haas (who was fantastic), Martin and Crighton.

Shady Slim

International Coach
The blues defence was awesome. Intense for 80 minutes. Bent them backwards and sideways all night. Yeo was incredible and made so much ground up the middle. Edwards unique style of making ground up the middle for a full back was quite the contrast to Walsh running sideways like a dog behind a picket fence looking for a gap. NSW clearly lucky to have as good a half as Moses to replace the injured Cleary. A danger running and kicking. Bradman Best is a beast. He can break a line and it was a pity his handling was clumsy tonight. He only just dragged in the Luai pass to score.

For Qld, I like Dearden. Absolute stones and origin is his style of footy. But I wonder if he can play a Hunt like utility role going forward because I think Mam is a game buster at five eighth. Not sure who they can bring in for their forwards who were out played by the likes of Haas (who was fantastic), Martin and Crighton.
yeah yeo is sneakily one of the best players in the world at present and has been for a while imo. just does so much so well and plays such a important role in the middle administratively. similar deal with edwards who is leagues better than tedisney and has been for years - big problem at the moment with tedesco in the blues squad is that the way he plays he’s selfish and demands that he be the fulcrum of the team whereas edwards is the opposite, and just the hardest worker in the room.

really mental that including burto as eighteenth man eight of eighteen blues players are either current members or former members of this dynastic unit from the foot of the mountain. western sydney is bestern sydney baybee

Son Of Coco

That call from Klein for a possible penalty try from near halfway was just bizarre. Glad the bunker had some common sense and told him to get on with it.

The bloke let's QLD run ******s all night and then suggests that might be a penalty try...it's almost like he was trying to give QLD a leg up.

the big bambino

International Captain
I thought the same about that klein penalty try call. Really wish the bunker just told him to let Best play the ball and stop trying to to be Qld's MOM you ****ing rockstar.

I agree with Shady's comments about the Penrith dynasty and I really like Burton. Kind of hoping he'll be Moses' (that kick) replacement eventually and combo up with Cleary.